Friday, October 26

October 22, 2012


First I want to make note that I'm only sending this to my parents and Keri, and not to Kyle, because he apparently doesn't have time to read my emails! If he wants it though... mom I guess you can forward this to him, and everyone else that has time for my long nonsense ramblings!!! hahahaha

Dear friends and family,

This week has been... hard! Everyone has told me how hard missionary work is, and I guess I always assummed it was hard because you wake up early EVERY day, and you are busy all the time, and teaching can be intimidating, and knocking on doors isn't the most fun thing in the world... but this week I really learned what it means that missionary work is hard. We had 5 progressing investigators in the area when we got here, and now we are down to 1. One got baptized last week, and after that everything has kind of gone down hill. We had a lot of drama with one investigator. I don't know if drama is normal for all missionary work or if sister missionaries just cause it... but holy cow drama! It ended with the sister telling us that she didn't want to read in the Book of Mormon anymore... and it just kind of broke my heart. But we ended on really good terms, we still love her and are friends with her, we just aren't going to be teaching her anymore. She is so great though, and we knew going into the lesson that it was probably going to be the last appointment... so we weren't surprised about it, just really sad.

Our other investiagtors either just can't make time for us anymore, or are so SO set on their old ways that they just like meeting with us for the educational aspect of what we teach and are not interested in becoming converted. I guess its just hard because I KNOW that this gospel is true, and that the church that Christ established when He was on the earth is on the earth today! We have the authority these people need to return to their father in heaven, and they just don't believe it or won't listen!

We did get two new investigators this week though, but one had to reschedule his first appointment to next week, and the other one we had to reschedule with him because we have a training in Peru this week and won't be able to make it when we first scheduled it. Its a little frustrating when all you want to do is teach people and appointments and things keep getting in the way of our teaching them, but I am still fairly certain these people are interested and will want to hear. One of the new gators is a dad of 4, all under the age of 5, and I took the lead when knocking on his door. I told him that we were missionaries for the church, and that part of our message helps families grow stronger together. We talked about his family and I also told him that families could be together forever... He said that is what he wants!!! So Solid! He said he was looking forward to us coming, and that he invited his gf (soon to be wife), mother and sister to hear us teach, but an hour before he had to cancel... But he said he still wants to meet with us so we rescheduled for next week! I hope he is still interested because it will have been almost 2 weeks from the time we first saw him to the time we meet with him. But I can see a marriage, baptisms, and a temple trip in the next year for this family! So if you will keep the Grey's in your prayers that would be AMAZING!

So the week was hard, and Friday was when our investigator told us she was done... but everything did turn around on Saturday. We had the opprotunity to go to Indy (thats what the natives call Indianapolis) and hear from Sister Burton, the general Relief Society President. Her message was on temples, and being Heavenly Homesick! Oh man it was so good! As much as I loved her message, the best thing was that all the sisters in the mission were there, and I got to see my MTC companions again! Sister Pitcher is in Peru and I will see her twice this week, and Sister Palmberg is in Bloomington (where I was origianallly going to go!). The three of us had so much fun catching up, and I just love those girls to death, so it was so great seeing them. We have the training in Peru this week and then we are going on exchanges with the sisters in Peru as well. So tomorrow we will drive up there, and then I will come back to Lafayette with Sister Pitchers companion (Sister Donaldson) and her and I will work together for a day, and then Sister Stanford (my comp) will come to Lafayette with Sister Pitcher and we will exchange back. Basically I am so excited for this, but really nervous. I am going to be the one taking a new sister around Lafayette, so I should probably figure out this missionary work thing we do!

I love Lafayette though, and I'm finally starting to know my way around the town. Our little Toyota Corolla is not as much fun as Christine is, but she'll do. We are slowing becoming good friends. Oh, another thought, I am also becoming pretty good friends with the canine population here in Lafayette. I decided that dogs are like humans in the way that you don't hate all of them. Some of them are actually pretty great! There is a sister in our ward and we help her walk her 3 big dogs once a week. And there is something kinda fun about being dressed up in a skirt and blouse with tennis shoes on walking dogs around the park! I think I kinda like it!!!

Okay, last few thoughts... Don't think that I'm unhappy because I said its hard work! I'm still as happy as can be, but I've been sad and frustrated at the work a lot this week. But I know that missionary work is a cycle, and we are really focusing on finding new and solid gators this week so I'm excited about that. Yesterday was Stake Conference and the Chicago Temple President was there with his wife, and they talked about preparing for the Indy temple to be built. It reminded me a lot about you fine people in Gilbert and how you can prepare for the G-Town temple! Prepare for the new temple by going to the temple! Lucky for you the Mesa is close enough, these people are traveling all the way up to Chicago, so you can go to Mesa! Go a few times for me too, because I really miss attending the temple regularly! Also my mission Pres and his wife were at conference and they spoke to everyone. They are pretty much the greatest people in the world, so it was so fun to see them. President Collins asked if we think there might be a problem with having sisters and elders out on missions at the same age.. I think he's a little worried that missionaries are going to have a harder time locking their hearts! lol

No pictures this week because, well I just didn't take any! Sorry! Maybe this week I will be better. I love the restoration, I love the plan of salvation, and I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I love everything about this church, and I know that I don't just love it because the bishop is nice, and the people are cool... but the doctrine is true! ITS SO TRUE!!! Man I love it!

If you could, I would love to hear from anyone about how daily scripture study has been a blessing in your life. I love teaching this and sharing my experiences with people, but I would love to hear from you. Mom, Dad, Keri... can you send me your thoughts this next week, and anyone else of course!!!

Sister Cordner

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

top value and vanquish treatment cheap nike free run by cheapnikeshoesfree.blogspot.com competitive subsidy!
appearance of amount GHD hair straighteners form ghd-hair-straighteners-nz.blogspot.com unmatched singularity!
We check in up with devoted GHD hair straighteners form ghdhairstraighteners-nz.blogspot.com online detain in patch in!
people all in fancy to of cheap nike shoes cheapnikefreerun-shoes.blogspot.com mankind at accounted an perception to proper!
All items are on on purchasing burberry outlet on burberry-outlet-online2013.blogspot.com our shoes unmistakable gone away from like a light randomly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...