So yesterday was my birthday, the big 18!!! Not like I feel any different, but its official, I'm an adult! Here is a list I came up with of things I can do today that I couldn't have done 2 days ago:
- Buy Dry Ice! (its true, and my favorite one)
- Buy things of infomercials... ya know, "you must be 18 or older to call"
- Get a library card without a parent there. It sounds silly but I tried it when I was 17 and they wouldn't let me!
- Buy Cigarettes.. top of my to do list... NOT
- Open up a bank account without my dads name attached to it (which I did!!!)
- And there were a few more but I'm having a hard time coming up with them!
So for my birthday I didn't do too much. I woke up and drove Keri to school, and then came home and got ready for work. Both my parents were outa town, so they called and sang to me. Then at work we had an office meeting for the first hour with bagels, and they had a crown for me to wear that said "Birthday Princess" and I got some balloons! haha. Then we all went out to lunch and Dr. Curtis paid (Thanks Dr. Curtis!!!). Then another girl I worked with who hasn't come in for a while remembered it was my birthday and she dropped by and brought me a cake!
Then when I got home I had a ton of texts and facebook messages saying happy birthday, so that made me happy! Keri drew me a funny picture of me buying dry ice and her cheering me on! She's so silly!
Then I went to dinner with Staci and Morgan and Keri, and then we came back and watched 17 again! BEST MOVIE EVER!!!
So ya, it was a pretty good day! Today was too though! I got home from work and had some presents on the counter. Thats always fun! And my dad took me to Best Buy to get a new addition to my car to include a stereo system that will play my iPod! (THANKS DADDY!!!)

1 comments:
Uhh..Hello?! You can VOTE!!! Don't tell me you are going to be one of those passive adults who doesn't get involved in the world around you. Your community needs you! Your country needs you! The first thing on the list of things you can do now should be that you can officially VOTE!!! :) But getting a library card is pretty great too. We are so excited to get you out here! WE MISS YOU! (Anika includes you in ALL of her prayers. Really.) Have fun being 18!
Post a Comment