Tuesday, April 24

Pins and Needles

So basically I have no patience! My mission papers were submitted on April 12th and my call will be here any day! My bishop texted me on Wednesday of last week saying my papers were in Salt Lake waiting to come back to me! People say that mission calls come on Thursdays, so I should hopefully be looking at only two more days of waiting... But it is honestly KILLING ME!!! I told my mom this was worse than any December 23rd I have ever had. She pointed out that usually by the 23rd I already know everything I'm getting, and that this is the first thing in my life that I am actually going to be surprised over! So maybe I've been known to be a little bit of a sneak when it comes to presents and surprises and such... and now that I can't sneak, I just don't know what to do!!! Every morning I have been praying for patience that I will be able to survive the horrible waiting game... Today my mission prep class was all about getting called. We even watched youtube videos of people opening their call! I was about to explode in class because I was so jealous that those people had their call and I don't have mine yet! So now you know I am a sneak, I have no patience, and I am coveting after other people! Probably not the best qualities for a soon to be sister missionary! I will work on it!

This last week (besides the horrible waiting) hasn't been to bad! My last first week of school... My semester has been off to a great start, and I am really enjoying myself. Its kind of awesome not working at the health center. I don't have to go to classes until 10:15 (12:45 on Fridays) and I'm done with classes every day by either 1 or 3. If I was working at the Health Center, I would be on campus from 8-5 just like I have done every semester since I've been up here, so its a nice change of pace! I love tutoring, even though I have only done it 3 times this semester. But the subject material hasn't quite gotten hard yet, so I understand that it will be slow for the next couple weeks. Hopefully it will pick up soon though! I am pretty bored without it! I don't have a ton of homework to do yet. I had this Econ essay I was dreading, but once I sat down to do it it wasn't too bad. Also I have done small assignments for my nutrition class, and I have to debate why I'm against abortion for my persuasion class, so I should probably come up with an outline for that. Thats basically it. This week I start my first project in sewing, so I might be spending time in the sewing lab a few days here and there to get ahead. And surprisingly there hasn't been homework for my bowling class yet! Oh and I bowled a 112 on the first day! Woohoo! My roommates are really awesome this semester (honestly I have completely lucked out as far as roommates go every semester!) I'm looking forward to a GREAT last semester! But most importantly, I'm looking forward to THURSDAY!!! If you haven't already, let me know what your guesses for my mission are! Apparently the winner gets a twinkie! ( its a weird Cordner thing, and I'm not sure who will be supplying the twinkie either, just that the winner gets one! lol)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...