This week has FLOWN by... wait, I take that back... this transfer has flown by! Today is exactly 2 months since I went into the MTC, and its also the first day of my second transfer. How crazy is that. I honestly feel like I just got here! We got the call last night that we are both staying here, which we kind of already knew because I am still in training and they usually always keep you with your trainer for 2 transfers, but you still never know what President is thinking, so it was good to get the call to reassure us that we were staying in good ole Lafayette!
This week we did another exchange, this time with the sisters in the Lafayette 2nd ward, so we didn't have to travel that far... and no one got sick so that was a bonus! Its funny how you can be only ten minutes away from your area but feel so far at the same time. I went to West Lafayette for the exchange and Sister Stanford stayed here. After a little over 24 hours we reunited and we ran and hugged each other, and we had a lot to catch up about. Its funny how when you are with someone all day everyday and then all of a sudden you aren't, you feel like one day is a long time not to see each other. It helps that Sister Stanford and I are like the best of friends! The exchange was an interesting one. Usually sisters do one a transfer, but President called us and asked us specifically to go on a transfer with these sisters. They didn't know that he asked us though, so it was kind of a secret mission we were on to see if we could help them out anyway. The thing that was interesting though was that the sister I was on the exchange with came out to Indiana with me. So here you have two missionaries that have both been out only 6 weeks taking over an area for an entire day by themselves! We managed to do pretty well though!!!
I am getting used to the cold weather, it snowed a tiny bit this morning, but its sunny now. (Still cold though). And I'm getting used to the schedule. I'm getting used to the challenges, and I'm getting used to missionary life. The thing I am NOT getting used to is the smell... Lafayette smells SO BAD! They have some factory where they do something with corn, and it smells up the whole city. Its quite horrible. Also our neighbor/neighbors are always smoking something that smells a lot worse than any regular cigarette smoke I have ever been around... so that makes our apartment smell fantastic! (NOT!) Something the President told us one day one about Indiana is that everyone has dogs, everyone has a church, and everyone smokes... and I have come to know that is so true. Everyone has smelly dogs... and smelly smoky homes. I can't tell you how great it is to have dinner in a members home after being in yucky smoky homes all day long. I'm thinking the spirit doesn't really like smelly homes so much... but we are trying our best to bring it to them!
Remember the sisters house that I threw up in... well she is progressing very well! She was at church yesterday and when someone asked if she was just visiting she told them she was hoping to become a member soon, and that she was studying with us. She said, "these are my missionaries" and hearing that made my day! I'm someones missionary! How cool is that... We introduced her to Bryan, the guy who got baptized on my second week here, and they talked a bunch! We are going to invite her to baptism this week, so be praying for her! We are so excited!!!
We also got a referral this week from HQ, and she seems really solid. We have an appointment with her tomorrow that I'm SO EXCITED about!!! Basically... missionary work is exciting! Smelly... but exciting!
Thanks for your prayers and letters, I love you all so much!
Sister Cordner

0 comments:
Post a Comment