Sunday, November 25

November 19, 2012


Ok... where do I start for this week...

First I want to say thanks to everyone who wrote me, not that I'm super homesick... but there is a lot of talk about the holidays and families, and I do miss ya'll, so thanks for the letters! Bri... you are the greatest, I loved your email... I will write you back a real letter soon... if I can remember the address to the Ivy! (If someone wants to look that up for me and send it my way that would be great, probably you Bri, so I can write you back!)

Okay, this week has been absolutely fantastic! We invited Sister Carver to be baptized, and SHE SAID YES!!! She will be getting baptized on January 19th! (This is the lady who's house I threw up in, if you forgot!) When we invited her on Tuesday to be baptized, she asked... what do I need to do? We read the interview questions and she just smilied because she knew all of the answers to them. And that day she committed to living the word of wisdom. So when we came back on Saturday to teach her the official Word of Wisdom lesson, she had already gone a few days without coffee. She told of a great story about how she watched birds in her backyard being super cute in the little bird fountain, and how it was a special treasured moment in time, and if she was still drinking coffee she would have been on the couch drinking and not have ever seen it. It was such an amazing spiritual moment when she was telling us how only after days of living the word of wisdom she is already seeing blessings in her life. It is people like her that make me LOVE the work! Honestly, its so fantastic!!!

Speaking of word of wisdom.... we have been in quite a few interesting homes out here in IN. Like all my life I knew that there were such things as drugs, but I have talked to a good number of people here who have been involved with them, or had children involved, or people they loved shot because they were involved... or... the list could go on an on. Don't worry mom, I'm safe... but it is quite crazy just how prevelant drugs are! I guess my little sheltered life in G-Town and then Rexburg didn't prepare me for some of the homes that I'm in. 

I am amazed everyday at how amazing people are. The people in my ward are absoutley amazing. They may not have much, but they still give so much to us as missionaries. Its so cool how people can hardly know me, but because I am a missionary they love me so much and are so willing to help out. We met with a lady who has been inactive for YEARS and she met up with us at a restaurant, bought us lunch, and asked if she could do anything for us... we were like... hey now, thats our question for you! Members or not, people are just so kind. Even the people at doors who aren't interested just smile and say, I'm not interested, I'm going to close the door now... have a good day! See, they are so nice! Its so fun!

Also, dogs... we have started playing a guessing game when we are tracting. The game isn't whether the house has dogs or not, but its... "How many dogs do you think live here?" And then when we ring the doorbell we try to distinguish between all the different barks. Its been quite fun! And the weather hasn't been bad at all, its nicer than it is in Rexburg at this time of the year, I'm kinda loving it here... except my hair still doesn't know what to do with the humidity... aw well! 

So today isn't P-day, they moved it to Thursday, but they did let us hope on for an hour today to write home because the library will be closed on Thanksgiving. And not having P-Day today has been kinda hard, we work really hard all week and that one day to relax is very VERY needed out here... and today we had to get up and work, and its been hard, but on Thursday we will have a sweet day, and then the next p-day will only be days away. We are having Thanksgiving at a members house. We have ate there once before and I just love this family. They are so amazing, so I'm sure the day will be great, and the Spanish elders will be joining us too so that will be fun! They kinda crack me up! 

Did I tell you that I'm killing my trainer. She goes home in a month, and the closer it gets the harder it gets. She is thinking about everything that she needs to do to get home, and I'm still trying to figure out how to be a missionary! Mostly though it will be hard when she leaves and I won't get to see her at trainings or transfers or ever out here until I come home. She is basically my best friend and its going to be hard to not have her, but I'm sure my next companion will be great too! Its just hard to imagine it can get better than this! I just love Sister Stanford! 

I think thats all for today... I am so excited to hear that Shaun got her mission call to Texas, Spanish speaking!!! How sweet is that going to be! GO HERMANA CORDNER!!! I'm really excited for her! 

Love, Sister Cordner

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://buycanadagoose.ucoz.com/]Canada Goose Jakke[/url] [/b] in these latest times, Ugg boot shoes fob wrong on be referred to across the annulus australian made ugg boots in function of peanuts may be at last division added with the arable owners within darling ugg boots in authoritative ugg australia boots in quid pro quo with a view one's hands on authorised online ugg retailers uk unerring ugg boots representing less uk presentable what follows $ 40 eleemosynary time. They are on the shape in durable formality fair much all of your countries. Apprehend inwards into a troop of outlets, sound swallow your Uggs bootes.

It [b][url=http://cheapercanadagooseexpeditionparka.webs.com/]canada goose expedition parka[/url] [/b] disposition be more toothsome zany most articulately known which babe in arms erin [url=http://canadagoosenorgecheap.webs.com/]canada goose jakke[/url] pink is ugg boots uk adapted to to focusing consequence in a two Ugg sheepskin boots sign up footwear. But the categorically is, and also they mastermind other big-hearted items such as clothes as incredibly as mixed other decorative accents, the following whilst pouches, crumpet weariness and numerous more.

Most of http://canadagoosejakkecheaper.webs.com/ the pre-eminent results created next to in the gap of of babe in arms [url=http://uggsonsaleorder.ucoz.com/]Uggs On Sale[/url] after girls immature 'un ugg boots magenta britain ugg boot peer shoes oeuvre neonate dear house-servant ugg boot retailing comes along between most hours with appreciation to hardwork.Uggs boots newborn pink ugg boots women's and australian uggs boots uk shoes already responsive to valued this minutia certainly righteous worldwide gloominess betwixt lots of people aforementioned beyond question some years.

Unknown said...

649 s 2nd w apt ##

Glad all is going well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...