Today I had to go to the dentist. I just needed a cleaning right before I leave. I've never had a cavity, or any other reason to go to the dentist before besides cleanings. But today they noticed a decalcification (I think thats what they called it...) in one tooth that they thought would be best to fix up. So I had to make another appointment for later in the day. 2:30.
What time do you go to the dentist? Tooth-Hurty! (2:30) Get it... its a pun! And today when I made my appointment for 2:30 I felt like I was living in a pun! If you didn't know this about me, puns are my most favorite kinds of jokes ever.
Back to my real life story of going to the dentist... As I was sitting there in the chair, I was basically hating life. I don't know how you could enjoy yourself while having 4 hands, cotton swabs, a pokey thing, a mirror, a sucky thing, and a curing light in your mouth at the same time... I feel like I'm gagging, choking, and drowning all at the same time! And then I started thinking, whats worse than getting your teeth worked on... probably being the person who has to work on my teeth!
I just don't know what my brother-in-law and my brother were thinking when they signed up for dental school. Being a dentist would be the worst, you're in peoples mouths all day long, all the while being hated by your patients. So then I started to think of jobs I would do before I became a dentist. I would so much rather be a...
- foot doctor (podiatrist)
- garbage man
- plumber
- the night shift cashier at 7/11
- off shore oil rig worker
- fishermen out of Alaska
- septic tank cleaner
- David Archuleta's personal assistant
- If a clock gets hungry, it goes back four seconds.
- Once you've seen one shopping center, you've seen the mall.
- I usually take steps to avoid elevators.
- He has been a jogger for three years running!

4 comments:
I hope you can continue to blog while on your mission...
You are one funny sister. I completely agree. I don't understand why people would want to be dentists. But I will tell you, Sean wants to be a dentist for many, many more reasons other than the pay. Don't get me wrong. It will provide nicely for our family. But believe it or not, money is one of the last reasons on Sean's list of why he wants to be a dentist. Hope your mouth is feeling better! :) And by the way, I LOVE the puns!
haha! what's funny is i was a dental assastant and now i work at a podiatry office. let me tell you, mouth > feet! most of the time, anyway... ;)
*assistant... i promise i can spell :)
Post a Comment