Thursday, September 6

Goodbye Christine

5 days until I leave! FIVE DAYS!!! I have already wrote a whole blog about things that I'm missing out on, but I didn't mention one of my most favorite possessions that I am leaving behind. My car! 2 years and 1 month ago I bought Christine, and she has been nothing but good to me! But I can't take her with me, and its not worth it to sell her, so I am storing her for 18 months. Today I cleaned her out, put her away, and hung up her keys for the last time for a year and a half. My dad is going to take care of her so she's not dead when I get home, so thats nice! For the next few days I'm just using my dads car (which I really am NOT complaining about in the least!)

My dad thinks I'm weird for naming my car... but really I think its rude not to name your car!

Also I forgot a detail about my dentist experience a couple of days ago. When I was getting my cleaning, the song Call Me Maybe came on the radio. I decided there was nothing worse than listening to that song in the dental chair, because I wanted to sing to it so badly! That song is just so hard NOT to sing along to!

In other news, I LEAVE IN 5 DAYS!!! I just need to take a chill pill, because I'm so SO SO excited! I've been wanting to go on a mission since I was 14, and since I turned 20 I've been counting down the days until I could turn in my papers. 6 months ago I turned my papers in and got my call, and I have been anxiously waiting for this week ever since I read that call! It almost seemed like it would never come, but its basically here!

What to expect next: As you may have noticed I have decked my blog out with Sister Cordner stuff. I am no longer a college student named Tara, but a soon to be full time servent of the Lord. I give my farewell talk this Sunday and have a open house that night from 7-9. (Anyone is welcome so feel free to stop by). I will probably blog about that adventure, and then I will head out! I plan on emailing my family every week updating them on the mish, and I'm planning on teaching my mom how to blog so she can put my emails up here! So hopefully you will not be left Tara-less for 18 months! I'm really just looking out for all of you out there!

Okay, well that is all. No puns at the end of this blog! Sorry.

1 comments:

KG Squared said...

I hope your mom can figure out the blog! I would love to hear about your adventures! Wish I could be there to hear you talk. =) Love you Sister Cordner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...