Friday, August 24

Flaws

Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I dunno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me.

Okay, those are not my flaws, those are Michael Scott's flaws... but I thought that was a good way to start this blog. Today I spent sometime on one of my flaws. You may be surprised to know this, but I'm kinda addicted to TV shows... my biggest addiction has to be Glee.




During the Glee season finale I may or may not have bawled my eyes out, as my roommate Bri will recall. And my other roommate April will also recall coming in seeing me sobbing, asking me whats wrong, and then laughing when she found out it was all for Glee. 

Anyway... today I might have gone back and re-watched the last three episodes of the season. Why? Because I just love it so much! I cried again, maybe even more so this time, if that is possible. I have been so sad every time I see commercials for the new season (WHICH LOOKS FANTASTIC) because it comes out the DAY after I go into the MTC. Also... One Direction has a new CD coming out this fall, and the Jonas Brothers are recording together again! Um. Where have you guys been for the last three years? Why did you wait until now?! Come on! Also I just think about all the movies I will miss, like Despicable Me 2, and Les Miserables! I do take some pride in myself at knowing all the answers to the Pop Culture category on Jeopardy, will being out of the loop for 18 months take that away from me? I also saw a Help Wanted sign at my eye doctors office, looking for receptionists and managers! Am I giving up an opportunity to start my career, am I doing the right thing leaving, am I really questioning myself because of TV shows, CDs, and movies... 

See, my flaws! Then I think about it. Whats a season of TV compared to serving families? Whats a new Jonas Brothers CD compared to teaching the gospel? Whats a two year wait on a job compared to the enormous blessings I am going to bring to others, and myself... Why am I questioning all this? 

Just so you know, I am going to miss things like seeing Kyle and Natalee's baby when she's still a baby, and I'm going to miss my sister Keri moving away to college. I'm going to miss phone calls with my parents on a daily basis, and I'm going to miss sleeping in... But I know that the baby will still be here when I get back, Keri will still be in college when I get back, and my parents will still have phones when I get back, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to be okay.

As far as all the other pop culture crap that I probably shouldn't be wasting my time with anyway... well lets just say an 18 month break from this is probably just EXACTLY what I need to grow up and become a real live person! I know Heavenly Father needs me to be his servent and go to Indianapolis, and because of this knowledge, giving up everything I listed above will be exactly what I will do! Give it up! I can't wait to be a full time missionary and to devote all my time to the church! 

Wish me luck everyone! (Oh and please don't write me and tell me whats happening with Glee or Grey's, I'm pretty sure that would not help me focus!)

Also I wanted to give a HUGE shout out to the best celebrity there is... Mr. David Archuleta (and by Mr. David I really mean Elder). At least he has the decency to serve a mission the same time I did so that I won't miss any of his music being released. The two of us can pick up right where we left off March 2014! Thanks David!!! Love ya!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...