Did you know there is actually a point where you can get tired of watching Say Yes to the Dress... I never thought it was possible, but it has come to this!
Luckily the Olympics have been on to distract me from my boredom, but even that is sometimes not enough. Once Ryan Lochte was done swimming I was basically done watching. Whats the point if you're not seeing Ryan!
Sometimes when you don't have a reason to wake up in the morning, you spend hours at night watching Youtube videos of the Ellen show. I'm not even sure how it got started but three hours later I had to force myself to close my computer and go to sleep.
I sat in the office and watched my dad work on his work schedule for the month, because there was nothing else to do. He told me I need to get a hobby.
My mom has been talking about projects to do, so I asked her if I could do some of the photo collages. Hoping they would take a few days I got started on what ended up only being a three hour project. It was super fun while I was doing it but it was over too fast.
I'm contemplating doing things by myself for the first time. Like going to the movies by myself. I have never done that before, but I've been thinking about it lately. I refuse to go bowling by myself, but no one will go with me and its just really sad! But with my birthday coming up I think I can force a few family members to go!
In Rexburg if I was this bored I would just go places, like Walmart or campus or somewhere just to get out. But when its 115 degrees outside, the very thought of leaving the house disgusts me. So I just stay in! And when I do go out, all I want to do is get home.
I need to go shopping for my mission, but I just haven't been feeling up to it. I think it has to do with the above paragraph. The thought of shopping for clothes and going to all these different stores is not appealing because I have to go outside in order to do that... so instead I just stay home.
The best part of this retired life I have been living is the time I have for the temple. I have been going a lot more frequently lately because I can, and thats just been the best! I just love the temple!!!
Anyway, if you haven't noticed, I'm kinda bored out of my mind. Everyday I think about how much I miss Rexburg. Everyday I wish I was just on my mission already. Everyday I miss being in classes, or doing something with my time that feels worthwhile. Mostly I just am in a rut and cannot wait for a month from now to just be on my mission and get out of it.
Wow when I just re-read that it seems like I'm very negative. I'm really not, I'm actually really happy... just really bored. Also I have a new favorite song, Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson. That and Call Me Maybe are my current repeat songs. (Well lets be honest, Call Me Maybe has been a repeat song for about 5 months now). Its just the best! *Before you came into my life I missed you SO bad, I missed you SO SO BAD!*
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment