Peeta Melark says about Katniss Everdeen, "She has no idea. The effect she can have." Well I think I will open that up to a more broad statement. Nobody has an idea what effect the whole series has on me! (not really as good as his... but its the best I've got!) Its pretty weird how crazy about the Hunger Games I am. Okay, not so weird considering I have obsessed with things in the past (David)... but to obsess over a book series is pretty unusual. I mean I liked Twilight as much as the next girl, and yes I do own all of those movies, and yes I am a huge fan of Jacob... but that is so minimal compared to my love for the Hunger Games.
Saturday I woke up not able to focus on anything besides the fact that I needed to go to the store right away and buy the DVD. Once we had it I wanted so badly to watch it on repeat, but I thought Keri would want to watch with us so we waited for her. Then that night we watched it, and yes I did cry again! We finished the movie around nine thirty that night, and the only thing I wanted to do after we watched it was watch it again, but my family wasn't up for it. So instead I go find my book and just start reading from the beginning. I didn't plan on re-reading it, I have never re-read a book in my whole life... but there is no putting this book down! I didn't read it to sleep, shower, and go to church, but the rest of my Sunday was spent engulfed in it. I finished it around nine that night, and went and found my copy of Catching Fire and started that too!
I had to take a little break from reading it yesterday as I had errands to run and real life to attend to. But today I had nothing stopping me! I didn't even come out of my room today until about 1:00 because I was reading. I read the first two books... and the last three pages of the third. The only thing I like about the third book was the ending anyway, so instead of waste time being mad throughout the book, I just read the end!
But now I'm at this weird fork in the road. I'm not sure what to do now. I've already seen all the bonus features on the DVD (which were fantastic), watched the movie, and re-read the books. Do I try to move on... or go pop the movie in again!? I'm just like really addicted to it and haven't been able to really think about anything else since Saturday!
I think this E-Card sums up how I'm feeling right about now...
6 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment