Tonight in my studies I read the following:
"For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another." - 3 Nephi 11:29
The spirit of contention is not of God, but of the devil... Why then, I ask myself, does my family allow this devilish spirit to enter our homes every night when we play Settlers of Catan!!!
As long as I can remember my parents and I have been playing this awesome yet horrible board game! I get so frustrated and so angry and SO ANNOYED almost every time I play, and yet we keep coming back for more! Tonight we only played three games... but my dad won all three of them. Lets just say my mom and I were pretty ticked off, to say the least! I really shouldn't be all that mad, considering that I won more than three games yesterday, and I won two this afternoon when we played, but tonights games were all my dad...
Side story, this is my older sister's facebook status about her 5 year old daughter yesterday:
So I was waiting for Anika in a public restroom outside of her stall when I heard, "Oh, SICK!"
Me: "What's wrong, Anika?"
Anika: "My hand just touched the toilet water!"
about 30 seconds later...
Anika: "You have GOT to be kidding me!"
Me (laughing): "What?"
Anika: "My hand touched the toilet water AGAIN!"
My whole family was just dying when we read this, and then we started quoting Anika all the time. Every time something bad would happen to us in the game we would just say, "You have GOT to be kidding me!" And then we just laugh at how funny we all are! (If you didn't know this about my family, we are all hilariously funny people).
Okay so I just re-read this blog and its kinda a lamer one, but I just kind of found it ironic how after being so mad at my dad tonight I came downstairs to study and happened to be reading in 3 Nephi 11. When I read that scripture I just had to laugh and blog about it! Sorry if this was a waste of your time!

1 comments:
This was kind of lame... especially because the game is really lame... we need to get you guys hooked on a faster, more entertaining game... like Uno! Kyle and I have been playing it together every single night before bed. And it gets pretty competitive!
I love love love your pictures! You are gorgeous and are going to be such a cute, awesome missionary! 2 weeks!
Post a Comment