Monday, December 23

December 2, 2013

Rochester is slowing growing on me! I feel like I take 1 step forward and 2 steps back trying to love this tiny town. I just have so much love for Carmel. This week we got to go to Carmel on Thursday night. I loved seeing Sister Pitcher and hearing about our investigators there. Then we spent all day Friday in a Mission Leadership Council. Not how I would have chosen to spend my black friday, but it was still fun nonetheless. The mission has changed, leaders are younger than ever. We made 12 zones this last transfer, meaning there are 24 zone leaders and now 10 sister training leaders... we hardly all fit in the mission home! It was a fun meeting. Sister Pitcher and Elder Syrett where there, thats all of us that came out from the MTC together. The rest of our group is in the other mission. So it was fun for the three of us to catch up and talk about how over a year ago we were in the MTC! I got to see some other friends of mine so that is always a good time. We are going to be sining a musical number at Christmas conference. I feel liek maybe they choose leaders who had a good voice this transfer because the song sounds beautiful. But then I think if that was the real case they would have released me! hahaha! Sister Barrett is so funny, she likes to sing Alto, and I tell her every day that I can't sing and I need someone else to carry the note for me so I can match it, but she insists on singing low. So I'm trying, and struggling every day to sing the melody line of the hymnes we sing for our companionship study, and she just laughs at how horrible I am at trying to carry my own tune. I try to tell her I need her to sing melody with me, but she insists on singing low, so I don't really like to sing this transfer... hahaha. The Christmas Conference is going to have a talent show, we are trying to think of something "talented" that we can do that doesn't involve music, because we are sure that everyone will be doing musical numbers, so we are trying to be creative and do something else!!!

This week was weird because it was inturrupted by Christmas and a meeting in Carmel, but we still managed to have a really succesful week. We found 4 new investigators and have some solid potentials. We have met a lot of the less actives in our town and they are okay with us coming over and teaching them. Our goal is to get as many temple worthy people in this branch as possible in time for the Indy temple to be open! So we are trying to baptize and bring back everyone we can! Our work is cut our for us but we love it!!!

Thanksgiving was great. We had two dinners, one around lunch time and one at dinner. We had some great food and lots of good company! We really enjoyed being with the members here! They are really amazing people who work and serve so hard. In a tiny branch the active ones have to carry the load, so the family that had us over for dinner, between the two of them hold about 7 callings. Two of which are RS President and HPGL. They are some of the greatest people I have met on my mission! They do so much for the church! I love them!!!


This week looks like it will be a good one! We are working with our new investigators and hoping to get even more! We are also going to Carmel on Sunday to see Sister Miller get baptized! My last lesson with her she said she would choose a date, and she did!!! And its this Sunday and President said I could come back! Its going to be so wonderful to see her and everyone I love so much in Carmel again!!! I can't wait!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...