Monday, December 23

December 9, 2013

I loved reading everyones emails as you all wished me well and telling me to have the Best day ever of the Best week ever!!! Its like I say this a lot or something? Everyone in the mission says that to me all the time. An elder who was trained my one of my elders in the MTC hardly knows me but every time he sees me he high fives me and says, "Best day ever!!!" Its pretty funny, and that elder is from Queen Creek so he's pretty cool! Anyway, it was a very long week... but it had some best qualities about it, so I will focus my email on those...

I'm going to start with yesterday because as I wrote last night in my journal, yesterday was the definition of BEST DAY EVER! It started with church and having my investigators come. The whole branch just jumped on that opprotutnity to welcome new people. They did an amazing job, and I feel like they felt very welcome. Sister Barrett and I gave talks so I got to sit on the stand and observe my cute tiny branch! It was so great. I spoke on talents and gifts of the Spirit. It was a really great talk (wow that sounds prideful...) I guess I mean I felt the spirit very strongly as I talked, and the elders investigator approached me afterwards and told me that my talk answered a lot of questions she has had and helped her out a lot! I love being the means for someone else to feel the Spirit. There is really no better feeling in the world!!! Both Sunday School and RS were on Joseph Smith... I'm hoping that my investigator doesn't come away thinking we worship him, we sure did spend a lot of time talking about him, but I just prayed the whole time that she would feel the Spirit during it. Some random member asked if they can see them next week, and she didn't say no!!! We have a lesson with them tomorrow and we are so excited! The only thing is that this couple are snowbirds, and they are headed to Arizona come Jan 1. So we have to work fast and teach them this month, and then I will make sure that missionaries in AZ baptize her, and reactive the husband... and then I will take them to the Gilbert Temple Open House and my parents will give them a tour and then she will get baptized right after that! Thats the plan anyway, I love them so much! They are such a cute couple!!! She is Apostalic Pentacostal and has some fun ideas about God... but we are slowing helping her see the truth! Oh man its been so fun!!!
After church we just stopped by a LA family and they let us right in and served us lunch! That was great because we didn't get a lunch or dinner break, so that was a small answer to prayers! haha. And then after their lesson we got in the car and drove to the most glorious city ever... CARMEL!!!!

Sister Miller got baptized yesterday!!! It took me back to one of our first lessons when she said she didn't believe in Christ... that he was a good person to study and live life after because he taught good things, but she couldn't wrap her mind around Him being the Savior of the world. With the help of my two wonderful companions SIster Donaldson and SIster Pitcher, and the ward memebers, we worked with Sister Miller until she FELT the Atonement, and she felt forgiven. We walked her through having Faith in Christ, and then knowing that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and now she is a baptized and confirmed member of the church with only 364 days until she can go to the temple and create an eternal family with Brother Miller!!! Oh my gosh it was the best baptism EVER! The Sister Missionaries sang Nearer My God to thee, and I almost couldn't finish I was crying so much... Sister Miller is SO MUCH MORE neared to God then she was when I met her last July! She has completed my mission in a way no one could have ever imagined. She was so glad that I could come, and I was so glad I could be there. That was the best baptism I have ever attended!

Then we came back to Rochester and I watched the Christmas Devo. What a beautiful way to explain what I have been feeling. Elder Nelson talked about peace... and that is what I have! Jesus Christ is peace... His Gospel is the only way we can have everlasting peace, and I LOVE being able to have that peace and share it with everyone I talk to! I love being a missionary. I have had hard times this week, but yesterday made them all worth it. I will probably keep having hard times as I try to transition into being a Rochester missionary, but I know that I am here for a reason and I am determined to figure out what it is! I love being a missionary!!! I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I know that he truly is my Savior.


Have a great week everyone as you continue to think of Christ and all that he has done for you this Christmas season! Please do me a favor and share the Gospel with everyone you know! Make it a goal to bear your testimony of Christ to a few people, wether in person or over the internet.... invite people to listen to the message the missionaries share of peace this Christmas. Invite the missionaries into your homes and have them share with you a message of peace! The message is true, and we have the opprotunity to share it. I love you all, have a great week!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...