Monday, December 23

November 18, 2013

This has been such a fun week for me, and there have been a lot of things this week that I've experienced for the first time. Hopefully I will be able to remember all of them...

First first: First time being in a mansion in Carmel. When I say mansion, I'm not referring to the overly large homes of the ward members, but I mean legit mansion. Scott Jones, inventor of Chacha, is a LA member of the ward. He owns this mansion and has a lot of people that work for him in the mansion. There is a sweet active member who is from some island country like Guam or the Phillipeans or something... and she is the live-in nanny for Scott Jones. She invited us to come see her and teach her a lesson. (We have been teaching members lessons to invite them to build their faith and also do missionary work!) So we go to see her, we go through the huge gates and down the long drive way. We walk in and the mansion seems to be a normal house size, until you step in the back... then you see it. He has the HUGE grand room, I'm talking huge, with the biggest grand piano I've ever seen, an aquarium, not just a fish tank, but a huge, wall size aquarium, ceilings as large as they come with windows the whole way up into his backyard forest area. Pool table, huge fireplace, tons of fancy nice furniture.... and then you look behind you.... there is a dinosaur skull, like a legit T-Rex skull that he found on a dig and because he donated millions of dollars they let him keep it... and behind that, a movie theather. Like a legit 20 seater movie theater, projector, huge wall with a red thing in front of it. Popcorn makers, movie posters.... everything was so legit. Then you get on the elevator and go to the top floor and see the little boys Dinosaur museam... thats what he called his play room. He had more dinosaur toys than I have ever seen in any Toys'R'Us combined. Then we go to his other play room that had a huge fake tree in the middle that looked like Tarzan's Tree house from disney land... and I could go on and on about how amazing this mansion was. I felt like I was in Hertz Castle again, but this person just lives in Carmel and walks among me... yea... thats the kinda city I live in! Holy cow....

The other firsts aren't as cool as that one...

But this week was also the first time I went to lunch in my jeans as a missionary. Before you judge me as an apostate person, read the whole story. We were helping a LA family move and they wanted to take us out to lunch and because we were doing service we were wearing our jeans and then we didn't bring a change of clothes... so we went to a restuarant in jeans... it felt SO weird. I'm going to be a weird RM I just know it!

This week was also the first time that I ever used a leaf blower... those things are SO COOL! Saturday morning the ward had a leaf raking day, and we all met at one house and raked the leaves of widows in our ward and other people who couldn't do it on there own. The members all came out and we had a super fun time together. The kids even helped rake too! I love this ward!!!

This was the first week that I had 10 meal appointments on my mission. And a bad week for that to happen too. We have SO much food in our apartment and I know I'm leaving this week so I wanted to eat it all, but the members decided it would be nice to feed us every day and almost every lunch... the lunches we didn't have an appointment we had about 10 minutes to run inside and grab something to eat... needless to say I still have a ton of food! I sure do love this ward though!!!

And the biggest thing that happened this week, that I'm surprised no one mentioned in their email to me... was the Tornado warning we had yesterday. It wasn't my first Tornado watch, we have had a few of those on my mission, but this one was a warning, as in... there were tornados touching the ground in different parts of the state and some real close to us in Indy. The sirens were going off and it was a legit tornado warning!!! We had a lesson at 2:00 and during the lesson the husband kept looking outside to check the weather. He has lived in Missouri and has been through a lot of them, so he told us we are okay unless the sun comes out. As soon as we ended that lesson we get in the car and the sun came out. We start to freak out a little and decide to go to the family close by who told us at church that they had a basement we could hide out in. By the time we get there the wind is really bad and the sun was out and the sirens were blaring... we rang the bell and they opened up and had us run in to the basement! They had a weather radio that would update us on the storm, and we stayed down there for about 2 hours as it passed over us. I didn't want to leave because they were just pulling out Settlers of Zarahemla to play... but we had a dinner appointment and the storm was gone so we felt like we should go to the dinner appointment. I did win at Candy Lane though, and I almost beat the 7 year old at Chutes and Ladders... but she sneakily got up there right at the end!!! They took a picture of all of us down there and put it on their facebook page! Hiding out with the sisters in the storm!!! It was a scary but really fun experience!!!

And yup... it was a good week. Our one investigator is finally choosing a date, just as I leave... but she needed to take her own time, so its okay that its taken some time. Our other investigators are mostly on the fence still... so that has been the same. We did a lot of service this week so our numbers weren't as high as usual, but thats not what its all about. We had a great last week together, and Sister Pitcher and I have had a GREAT 3 months together... now here I go into my next and probably last area with my next and probably last companion... I'm praying for YSA but who knows where I will go! I'm sure I will be happy regardless!!! Love you all,have a great week!

Sister Cordner

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...