So a lot of time people ask me what I do... and I feel like just telling them my job title isn't enough to answer their questions. My own parents don't even know what I really do for a living. So I thought I would take this time to explain a day in the life of Cordner the Coordinator!
Background info:
I work at a call center that does scheduling/registration/billing/insurance/provider services/ and other administrative tasks for Sutter Health. We have about 12 different lines of businesses that cover a number of different Medical Foundations. Every day hundreds of PSRs (Patient Service Representatives) take phone calls for patients that have questions about the above mentioned items. And my job is to provide for them the tools they need to make the patient experience the best it could be.
As a Quality Coordinator, I use the information gathered by the Quality Analysts and the Reporting team to look for trends in the calls. For example, this month we are working on having empathy on phone calls. With my team I have created a game for the PSRs to play. SORRY! - The Game of Empathy! When they have high scores in the empathy category, they get points. We do little extra things throughout the month to encourage them to remember to have empathy on every call, and we ask their supervisors to focus on those things. Some say that I have the most fun job at the company. I am always just coming up with creative ways to help the PSRs do their job better!
So a day in the life...
I get to work around 7:45 and check my email first thing. I usually spend the next half hour or so checking out my schedule for the day and preparing for any meetings or things I have going on that day.
9:00 - I have one on ones with my supervisors that I'm over. I have 6 lines of businesses that report to me (for quality purposes) and I meet with each other the supervisors (a total of 16) each month to discuss with them their teams quality. Each of these meetings is only about 30 minutes and I tell them what my team has been doing to help them, ask them if they have any questions, and tell them about the game or focus that Quality is working on.
11:00 - Calibration Meeting: Each month I meet with each LOB (even the ones I'm not over) in a calibration meeting. All the supervisors from that line, along with a good amount of people on my team come together and we listen to calls together and grade them together. That way they understand what it is we grade for when we listen to calls. If they have an agent they are struggling with, we listen to their calls and discuss how we can help them.
12:00- LUNCH! I have great friends at work! I love my team, but sometimes I can't eat with them based on their schedules. The Admin Assistants are all about my age, and one was my college roommate Tamazine. So usually I get together with them and we eat together. Last week we ordered Jimmy Johns and had a picnic outside while we ate our sandwiches! Aww... presh!
12:30-2:00 - Desk time. I usually find myself with at least an hour or two of desk time a day. Some days I can have up to 6 hours, that is if I don't have many meetings. When I'm at my desk I have projects to work on. I just am finishing up a project that I came up with. The PSR's were all struggling knowing what information they could give out on the phones, especially in the billing department. So I re-did the billing Release of Information Guide to make it more interactive and easier to understand. I also just finished the call library, I listened to great calls, edited out the personal health information, and sorted them into categories so the supervisors could use those calls for training purposes. Every day we have a report about the customer experience that we have to upload online so the supervisors can go over those "bad" calls with their PSRs. I also have other reports that come out on a monthly basis that I look through and pull data out for our own quality reports.
2:00-3:30 - Training. I usually do one to two trainings a week. I'm in with the new hires either teaching them about what they can and can not say on the phones, or how to have be nice while they do so. Soft skills training is one of my favorite trainings. I tweak this training a lot and do it to PSRs who have been on the phones for a while to help them get even better. The checklist is what they have to do on the phone and we also have to train the new hires on that as well... That training puts me to sleep most of the time, and I'm the one giving it, so I can imagine its hard for them too!
Then usually until the end of the day I'm either working on Q-Tips (funny Quality emails that we send out) or finishing up some reporting things, sometimes I have team meetings and sometimes I just finish emailing people. I usually clock out around 4:15 and get on the freeway before the traffic is too bad!
Every single day is different, I have different meetings all the time, but that is an example of things I do all the time! I love being a Quality Coordinator at Sutter Physician Services. And everyone else seems to love that fact that my last name is Cordner, so I can be Cordner the Coordinator!
So there you have it! This is what I do! And I love it. Every day at work is basically... THE BEST DAY EVER!!!
T
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment