Ten years ago this month, I was sitting in my Beehive class while the new girl was introducing herself. She was small, played piano, and seemed pretty shy. I talked with her that day in class, not knowing how she would completely change my life!
It started casual, we ate lunch together, hung out on Saturdays, and talked to each other during church. Then it became more regular hang outs, she started riding her bike to my house in the morning so we could ride the bus together. (I'm still not sure if she wanted to ride with me or just all the cute boys that also were on my bus!) Our friendship REALLY took off one night when we decided not to go see a movie with some of our friends, and we choose to go see Sons of Provo instead. In about 3 weeks we saw Sons of Provo 4 times. We sent in our movie tickets to get the CD for free. We would hang out every day and listen to the songs and go to their website and just laugh and laugh and laugh together. 8th grade was a good time.
Amy Webb became my best friend that year. Back before we had cell phones, we would actually call each other's house phone to talk to each other. We would walk or ride bikes to each others house. One year after easter we even walked all the way to Walgreens to buy easter candy at 50% off. We started to do EVERYTHING together. Even started to vacation together. We went to EFY two years together, and she came with my family to our Park City vacations. But that was just the beginning...
If I were to go through every year and talk about every memory I have with this girl, I would be writing this blog for another 10 years. She and I have just been there for each other. Even when we choose to go to different colleges, 1,014 miles away from each other (and yes, we counted!) Our lives went in separate directions as I moved to Idaho and went on a mission and she lived in Tucson and got married to her Sean! And yet, with all the differences in our lives, we still remain to be best friends. I can go a whole month without talking to her and when we do talk its like no time has lapsed.
One of my favorite examples of this was the week I graduated college. I drove home and called her the very next day. She had just quit her job and wasn't doing anything for the next three days before her new job started, and I wasn't doing anything for the next 7 weeks as I waited to go to the MTC. So that day we decided to go to California. I drove to Tucson after that phone call, picked her up, and we drove to LA. We drove clear until 2 or 3 in the morning, and yet we never ran out of things to talk about. It was one of the best road trips of my life.
Amy Elizabeth Webb Bryan... THANK YOU! Thank you for being my best friend in the whole world. Thank you for sharing my love of Sons of Provo with me. Thank you for being patient with the dumb high school Tara. Thank you for decorating my room with pink balloons and streamers when I turned 16. Thank you for all your funny text messages you have sent me over the years. Thank you for snowboarding with me and making up songs about how slow the lifts are. Thank you for baking a cake with me on every single half day. Thank you for being in my winter formal group when we made up PLAT. Thank you for being the devil when I was an angel that one Halloween. Thank you for going to all the Stake Dances with me. Thank you for correcting my horrible english my whole life. Thank you for making SDSU countdowns with me. Thank you for playing with Ithica with me (BTW, who has that ish anyway?) Thank you for indulging me in our millions of trips to Taco Bell. Thank you for taking me to Disneyland. Thank you for the thousands of hours we have spent talking about boys. Thank you for letting me pick your wedding colors! Thank you for being there for me the day I went to the temple! Mostly, thank you for the memories and the friendship... and here's to another great 10 years!!!
6 years ago

















0 comments:
Post a Comment