Monday, January 18

Park City + Gilbert

So as the last post said, I got to go to Park City this week to spend time with my family (most of them, we missed you Angell!) and to go snowboarding. I really wanted to go out both on Friday and Saturday, and I left my apartment really early Friday morning so that I would get there at a good time to go out. Once I got to Park City the family was just gearing up to go out, I had made it in perfect time. But I wasn't feeling too great, so I tried to take a couple of pills, and the next thing I know I was throwing them and everything up. I was so sick! So everyone went out without me that day. I took a little nap and ate a little bit and started to feel better. Friday was fun, but I really wanted to go boarding. But then Saturday came, and it was the best day ever! Keri, Natalee and I all went out together and stayed out forever. We were the first people out and the last people in that day. We went all over the mountain, doing all different runs. I was so happy that the weather was beautiful, and the snow wasn't too terrible! I had probably one of the best days I have ever had on a mountain before! Then we came in and like every Saturday in Park City we ate some Papa Murpheys pizza courtesy of Uncle Todd's family! (thanks you guys!!!) And then we got some chocolate from the chocolate factory, and then we hung out and watched some football. Cardinals = sucked! haha

So while we were watching the game I made a comment on how I didn't want to go back to Rexburg, so my dad suggested that I drive down to AZ with him on Sunday, spend Monday in Gilbert, and then go back on Tuesday. So I did! haha. It actually ended up being great because Kyle was so sick and in and out of the emergency room and my dad was just so tired because of that and a week of skiing, that he couldn't have made the drive by himself. So I kept him awake, and we listened to a 4 plays. Wicked, Les Miserables, Saturdays Warriors, and Hairspray. We also listened to Brooke White, Kris Allen, Benton Paul, and Taylor Swift. It was a fun road trip, and it was all worth it when I got home and watched American Idol! I have sure missed that show! :) Anyway, I am waking up first thing in the morning, flying to Salt Lake, and then driving back to Rexburg, where I will have a few hours to do laundry, homework, and then go to class! What a great week it has been! I love my family so much! Perfect way to break a home-sick feeling... go home! I love that I had this opportunity to come home for a day, even though I live 1000 miles away! :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...