–verb (used without object)
1. to move, proceed, or act with haste
–verb (used with object)
2. to drive, carry, or cause to move or perform with speed.
3. to hasten; urge forward
4. to impel or perform with undue haste: to hurry someone into a decision.
–noun
5. a state of urgency or eagerness..
6. hurried movement or action; haste.
—Synonyms
rush, hasten, accelerate, quicken; expedite, hustle.
Think about the things you hurry to. I hurry in the morning to be ready on time for work. I hurry to finish all my assignments before they are done. I hurry to the kitchen when I haven't eaten anything all day. I hurry to my car at the end of the day to get home! I hurry my studies so I can play with my friends...
Today as I left the temple, the temple worker told me to "Hurry Back!" Hurry back, I thought... I don't think I have ever thought about hurrying to the temple in the way I hurry to other things. And why not? Being in the temple is my favorite part of... life! haha. But honestly, I don't know why when I am not in the temple I think, I don't have to go today, I will go next week... Why do I put it off?! I really need to HURRY to the temple, because once I am there, all the other things I am stressed about, all the things that consume my busy life, they all melt away as I focus on the what really matters. As I was there today, I thought about my family, my current and future one, I thought about the scriptures, and how much I love studying them each day, I thought about the kind of person I want to be, and the person I am striving to be, and the person that is my number one example, my savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for a temple that is so close to me, that I can attend as often as I can! I'm so grateful for the Gilbert temple that is going to have a groundbreaking soon, and I look forward to one day going there with my best friend! I can't wait!
The point of this blog post was not really to give you the definition of what it means to hurry. But mostly for me to express how much I can't wait to hurry to the temple for the rest of my life!
6 years ago

1 comments:
Tara, you are just so awesome! I want to be more like you when I grow up! I love you so much!
Post a Comment