So I am in love!!!
A few months back my friend, now my roommate, Tamazine, texted me about going on one of the internship expeditions to Denver with her. I was really excited since I have always wanted to go to Colorado! So I applied and got accepted and this week... I WENT!
Here is how it went down:
Wednesday -4:00am. Woke up, got on the bus, drove to SLC, waited for about 2 hours, flew to Denver, drove another hour to our first appointment, met with the administrator of a Surgery Center, then with the administrator of a OB-GYN office, then to the hotel, walked to Chipotle, went back, fell asleep around 10.
Thursday- 7:00am Woke up, went to 5 different appointments in a row: Flagship Services (a business that works with Medicare), a dentist, a pediatric office, an ear nose throat clinic, and the Tri-County Health Department. Then we had about 2 hours at the hotel, which we walked to Chipotle and brought it back home, and then just watched TV and hung out. Then we had a fireside where this guy talked to us about networking!
Friday - 6:00am. Woke up (isn't it nice to know that I woke up every day, honestly I don't know why I included that each day!) Went to AirMethods (which is an air ambulance company that was freakin sweet!), and then to a rehab center. Then we went to the airport around noon, didn't get on the plane til 2:40, landed right before 4, didn't leave SLC until about 6, stopped at In-N-Out, watched Tangled, then Night at The Museum and finally at 11:00 we made it back to Rexburg!
That was my trip in a nutshell! It was really awesome meeting with so many different companies. Healthcare is such a HUGE field, and I learned that there is so much more than just being an administrator of a hospital or a family practice! I could do so many different things! It got me really excited about my future career, which makes me feel bad, since I should be excited about being a wife and a mother. I'm sure when I am closer to those I will be excited for those too, but I am graduating in 1 year... I need to start thinking about jobs and grad schools now! So exciting!
I really loved Denver! The weather was just so perfect beyond description! I love Gilbert, but the summers can be a little too hot. I love Rexburg too, but the winters are just TOO cold! Want to know what the perfect middle is... DENVER!!! Plus I have never seen so many luxury cars in one place. I don't think me and Christine would fit in that well, but I'm gonna try! Heres to me hoping I can get an internship in Denver and start my 2012 year there!!
Since my camera is broken, I had to stick to Google to supply the pictures of Denver! And just incase you wanted to know where it is, I supplied a map!!!
This was the airport! Probably most confusing, but most awesome, airports I have ever been too!!! (Well, I guess the airport in Athens was a little more confusing since I couldn't read the signs!)

This is the temple! We drove by it on Wednesday, its so gorgeous! 
This picture is here just because we ate it every day for dinner! Can't get it in Idaho, so we savored every bite!!!
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment