I had a very funny conversation with a friend of mine the other day. He was stressing about how hard his chemistry class is, and how he has to take the next class next semester! Since registration opened this week, he was telling me how next semester he is taking the next Chem. class, Biology, and Physics, all of which are 4 credits and super hard! And the thought of taking all of them at once was really overwhelming him. As I’m listening to him freak out, I thought… dude, Calm Down!!!
The conversation reminded me of a story I heard once, I think it was in General Conference. I just spent about 30 minutes searching for it though, and I couldn’t find it. But in the story, there is someone who has to undergo a lot of chemotherapy treatments for her cancer. She was saying how she just doesn’t think she can go through 20 or so more. But somebody asked her, “Can you go through just one more?” She said that she thinks she could do one more. The person made his point that she just has to do one at a time. Instead of thinking about everything at once, just take it one treatment at a time, one day at a time. (I really wish I could have found this story, if you know what it is please let me know!)
Then my friend said something that really shocked me. He said… AAHHH… Just make my decision for me! Tell me what to do! The reason that shocked me is because I had JUST asked my parents to tell me what I should do the day before my friend asked me! When he asked me I just laughed at him and said, I can’t tell you what to do! Even though I was mad when my parents didn’t tell me what to do!
He said that he was a planner, and that he needs everything to be planned out. Well I am the same exact way! I have my summer and fall planned out, I know what I want to do in the winter, I just need to find an internship. I know what classes I have to take for next spring, and I have the day to sign up for graduation in my phone so I won’t forget it! Then I plan on going on a mission, coming home and applying to Grad Schools, and then I will graduate with a Masters Degree in spring 2016, and I will only be 24 years old!!! So ya… I’m a planner too! And sometimes thinking about everything I have to do scares me. But if I can just remember to take everyday just one at a time, life would be so much easier. I do not need to stress over things that are not even happening in my life yet! Just like my friend shouldn’t stress about all the classes that he is not even taking yet! I just need to remember that today is Wednesday, and I only need to get done the things on my Wednesday to-do list, not my life-time to-do list!
As in the words of on the talented Jordin Sparks…
*One step at a time
There’s no need to rush
It’s like learning to fly
Or falling in love…*
(Not sure what the last two parts of the song have to do with my blog, but just go with it!)
6 years ago

1 comments:
Oh wise one
(imagine me bowing down to you)
Why are you so wise?
(continueing to bow)
I am not worthy to steal from your brain your wisdom!
This was a fabulous post. THANKS!
Post a Comment