You know what I learned today... people are idiots! This was on facebook today. 
If you can't really see whats going on here, there was a question asked and it was...
1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1-1+1+1+1+1+1+1x0 =____
OVER 1 MILLION PEOPLE SAID IT WAS 0!!! Really?!?!?! 1 million people!!! That just crushes my soul. I think I should have been a math teacher because over 1 million people really don't know the order of operations. I was so mad that so many people said 0 and I was yelling so my roommate told me to blog about it. Let me tell the world how to correctly do the problem.
Their response was, anything times 0 is 0. Well if we do the math correctly, you find that you are not multiplying everything by 0.
Remember PEMDAS!
First step is Parentheses- there is none, so move to the next step.
Exponents- there is none, next step.
Multiplication/Division. Oh look, the last thing is multiplied by 0, so the very last 1x0 = 0. One step done.
Addition/Subtraction. Now we add or subtract the rest.
Well there are a bunch of 1s being added, 1 is subtracted, and then a few more added, and then you get to the last 1x0 which we already solved as being 0. So the answer is 14!
14
I must have redone my math like 1,000 times to make sure I was doing it right, because over 1 million people did it wrong. I am so embarrassed for the world. There really needs to be better math teachers out there!
7 years ago

1 comments:
i definitely said it was zero... :)
Post a Comment