Monday, March 4

February 18, 2013


Hola everyone!

This week has been..... well.... not my favorite! haha. It was supposed to be so solid, we had SO many appointments scheduled, and at the end of the week I think we totaled only having taught about 6 lessons. We had 4 lessons in 1 day fall through, and many more throughout the rest of the week. Our family with a baptism date for next month still didn't come to church and cancelled both lessons this week... we aren't so sure they are still solid about getting baptized. Our other golden investigator who we were going to give a date to this week had to cancel all of her appointments too, and then all of the amazing new people we met last week didn't meet with us. (Do you think that people don't want to be rude, so they say we can come back and set up a time for when they know that they won't be home, and then they give us a wrong phone number... cuz I'm thinking that is what is happening here!!!) 

But other than the lack of appointments and the tracting in the freezing snow... it was a good week! Valentines Day was super fun! A member took us out to Pizza Hut and we just had a load of fun getting to know her! Sister Guy got a bunch of "God Loves You" type Valentines so we handed those out to all our investigators and other people we knew that day! Most people thought we were really cute! haha! And Sister Guy gave me the valentine that you usually give the teacher, and she wrote really cute and funny things in it! She is the best! I didn't even think to get her something (I guess I'm like my dad in that way)! 

Oh Tuesday was an amazing day! Our zone conference was really fun! I met the first 19 year old sister! She is super cute and was going to BYUI, so we had a lot of fun getting to know each other! They just opened a new area that hasn't been opened in a long time, and apparently there is room in their apartment for another set of sisters, and the ward has been asking them when the other set will get there, so we are  thinking they will get more sisters in Warsaw soon, and she thinks I should be her roommate and work in the same ward as her!!! I'm thinking that I never want to leave Lafayette though. We had dinner at the Bishops house yesterday and he said that he would ask Elder Ballard when he comes in 2 weeks if Sister Guy and I can stay in his ward our whole missions. Then Elder Ballard can tell our mission president, and the two of us will just serve our entire mission here! He thought it was a pretty good idea, and I kinda agree with him!!!

Oh my gosh, the cutest thing happened this week! There is this boy in our ward (10 years old) who is the funniest kid I have ever met! A few weeks ago we had dinner at their house on a Sunday and Luke was helping us decide what we should do on our preparation day. He said we should get lazer pointers and play with them.... (random idea, but it was funny at the time!) So yesterday before church he comes up to us as we are about to sit down with our investigator and he gives us a walmart bag. He had bought two lazer pointers for us! His dad talked to us later about how he saw those at the store and said that he had to get them for the sisters, and that he used his own allowance money to buy them for us. So last night Sister Guy and I were playing with our lazer pointers, and I'm not gonna lie, it was a whole lot of fun!!! 

I love this ward, I love the people here so much! Dad you tell everyone who questions it that I LOVE INDIANA!!! I am so thankful that I was called here, and even though Lafayette is probably the worst smelling city in the world, I just love it so much!

Till next week,
Sister Cordner

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...