First off, my best friend Bri just got engaged this week!!! Congrats Bri! I will work on getting a cute picture of me to you so you can blow it up at your wedding! (Like make the picture a life size one of me, not actually blow my picture up, that wouldn't be nice... )
So this week was another hard one, as most mission weeks seem to be! haha, it really wasn't that bad, just kind of slow and we didn't teach nearly as much as we wanted to. Our family of 4 that had a baptismal date for next month has been SO hard to meet with, its been over 2 weeks since we last taught them. We call them and stop by but they are just becoming impossible, so we are praying that they really are just going through a busy stage and that they aren't avoiding us, and that they are still reading in the Book of Mormon!!! They still haven't come to church though, and they were going to be baptized in a few weeks... so we don't think thats going to happen until they come to church. But having said that, we did find a potential of ours at home this last Saturday and talked with her for about 20-30 minutes about prophets, and invited her to come to church, and she did!!! We got her a ride and she stayed the whole time, and she is super funny! She is young, probably around my age. She came here from Chicago (lots of people from Chicago and Gary come to Lafayette because its just a nicer place here!) searching for a better life, and she has TONS of questions about religion. She said everything we say makes sense, and we are going to see her again this week! I love finding golden people like her! (Side note, our other golden GOLDEN investigator had a death in the family, so we also haven't seen her in I think probably 3 weeks now, and I'm so bummed because I might be leaving soon and I just really really wanted to teach her!)
Sister Guy and I both got sick this week. We were feeling kinda out of it all day Wednesday, our appointments were falling through so we had a marathon day of knocking on doors, and it was cold, and just one of those days where your thoughts are consumed with "I don't want to be a missionary today" instead of "I can't wait to talk to this next person!" That night I crashed as soon as we got in, and the next morning I just felt miserable. I probably would have mustered up the energy to go out and work, but Sister Guy felt as bad as I did, just coughing and sneezing, headaches, no energy, and just an overall sick feeling. Since both of us were sick we thought that trying to push through would kill us, and we spent the day in trying to recover. And it worked, because Friday morning we both felt SO much better. Still a little sneezing but it wasn't as bad as it had been!
Anyway, the reason the email is titled "So Excited" is because we are going to be hearing from Elder Ballard this weekend, and I AM SO EXCITED!!! Oh man am I excited! And then next week we have a specialized sisters training, which should be really cool! And that means I will get to see my old companions twice in the next 2 weeks, and I miss those sisters so much!!! And we got the news today that we will be doing 2 exchanges this transfer, so we have to make some arrangements, but I will be spending a day in Indy either this week or next week with a new sister, so that will be fun! And on top of that, President Collins is going to come with us to a lesson with the Preacher we are teaching! After that lesson on Priesthood Authority, we realized we needed MORE help to teach this man, so we called President last night and he said he would love to come out with us! BEST DAY EVER!!!
Good things are ahead for us here! Lots of changes are going to be happening, we will be getting our new President later this year. His name is Steve Cleavland, and I don't know anything more about him that the fact that that is his name! Also you may have heard about all the new missions being opened, and one is being opened in Ohio that will take part of our mission, so I might be switching missions to the Ohio Cincinnati Mission, which would be hard because it took me so long to learn how to spell Indianapolis, and now I would have to learn Cincinnati... but that is still months and months away, so I'm not going to worry too much about it! Also I saw that they are making an Arizona Gilbert Mission!!! Way to go G-Town... you got your own mission! I sure do love that town!!!
Anyway... long email today! I love you all, have a great week!
Sister Cordner

0 comments:
Post a Comment