Friday, February 8

February 4, 2013


Well I will start with the most exciting news of all.... we got the transfer text last night and I am staying in Lafayette with Sister Guy!!! I am so so so happy about this. There would be moments last week after a lesson or when talking to a member when I just thought, I cannot leave this city, my work here isn't done yet! I have to stay at least a little bit longer. And luckily my prayers have been answered, and I will be staying in Lafayette, which means I will have at least 6 months in this city! I'm so excited!!!

This week has been really good! Tuesday we had a specialized training, and it was so good, but I did feel like I had a TON that I needed to start doing better at. For example President talked about how important it is to be in lessons for less than 45 minutes, when the majority of my lessons are an hour+... Its just hard to get the Hoosiers to stop talking sometimes! And I still haven't mastered the art of saying, "Thats great, but let me cut you off from what you're saying, teach you doctrine, and then get out of your house as soon as I can because it smells terribly of tabacco." Instead I just sit in the smelly houses and let them talk to me while I occasionally bring up how the Gospel of Jesus Christ can help them! Also dinner appointments are hard too, because we are only supposed to be there for an hour, but the families like to keep us later and talk with us. So I learned a lot from that training and now have a TON of goals to work on to be a more productive missionary.

Having said that, I felt that we did a pretty good job this week... regardless of the fact that no investigators came to church. :/ 

We found a young lady who said, "Well it sounds like you guys know what you're talking about, so I will let you come back next week!" It was such a funny little sentence but it brought me such joy. We had told her on her doorstep a little about the restoration and then the plan of salvation, just answering all the questions she had, and she said we could come back! I am so excited to go back to see her this week! Also our family with a date is doing well, they have cut back on the coffee a TON and are smoking less than they normally do, they said slowly but surely, and I really do see them trying, so I'm sure God will bless them with strength to live the Word of Wisdom! 

This next transfer is only 5 weeks, and then I will be done training Sister Guy... but I don't even feel like I'm training her at all. We are at such a good point in our companionship where we just really work well teaching together, and our studies are amazing, and we are having a lot of fun together! I love how much I am learning from her! I just am at a really good place right now, and the only thing I would want to change is the weather (just maybe 20 degrees warmer and I would be happy!) 

Tonight we are going to tell a retired Pastor that we have been teaching that he doesn't have the power of God that he thought he did... and that he needs to be baptized by the Priesthood that can only be found in our church... its gonna be quite the lesson!!!! I'm nervous, but I know that it is the truth, and I know that as we teach true doctrine with the spirit, then we are doing our job, whether or not they want to hear it or not! I'm really hoping he will be understanding, but its hard. It would be like me telling dad that after years of him flying, he doesn't have the correct license to fly, and that he has to do everything over on another plane to get eternal life! (Okay, not the best analogy... but I'm trying!) 

I love you all so much! Thanks everyone for the love and support and letters you send!!!

Sister Cordner


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...