Friday, February 8

January 28, 2013


Hola friends and family!!!

Just thought I would send you an update on how amazing things are here in the wonderful city of Lafayette Indiana! The weather has been quite the exciting little thing lately. It got SO cold this week, but I hear from some friends that Rexburg was even colder, and I even heard they closed school for a day because it was so cold. Now I'm not sure if I believe that because I specifically remember going to school in -20s, so if it did close the college than it must have been horrible there! Another reason I'm grateful to be on my mission now! haha! But it did get pretty cold here, and to top it off, a Sprint tower blew up, so we didn't have any way of using our cell phone in our apartment. So last Monday we get home and try to text that we are in, and nothing goes through, for a half hour I try to resend the message, and then for another half hour I try to call the DL, the ZLs, the other sisters... anyone really! And finally at about 10:15 the zone leaders are knocking on our door to see if we were home. I felt bad because we couldn't invite them in, it was about 8 degrees outside, and those silly elders were wearing shorts. We explained that our phone wasn't working and they said they would try to see what they could do. That night around 3 am our phone goes off like crazy and we got a bunch of messages that we hadn't received all day. One was from President asking if we were in our apartment yet! The phone still wasn't working on Tuesday so we went to a members house on our lunch break and tried to use her phone to confirm our appointments and to make more. We found out our phone worked in parts of Lafayette, so for the next couple of days we had to schedule time to park someone with reception so we could do all of our phone calls and then we would just text the DL when we were on our way into the apartment. Finally by Friday we had service again! It was kind of a nightmare to work around all week!

The highlight of the week though was my exchange with Sister Pitcher! We were so good at teaching together, and we have both grown a lot since we were in the MTC together. She is an amazing missionary and I just love her so much! She is nervous to train soon, since there are 10 new sisters coming next week, we are thinking that a lot of sisters will be training next transfer! She wanted to learn from me how to do it! hahaha, I just told her I still don't know what I'm doing! Sister Guy asks me questions that I still don't know the answer to, our poor district leader is probably excited for me to not be in his district anymore, I am constantly bugging him with questions! hahaha!!!

Did I tell you about the family we are baptizing in March? We taught them the Word of Wisdom this week, and we were scared because they are smokers, but it went really well! We haven't been able to follow up with them since that visit, but we are seeing them tomorrow! Something crazy came up again and they couldn't make it to church. (I really do think that Satan knows that once they come to church they are going to be solid and not falter, so he is trying extra hard to keep them from coming!) They are so great, and I am really excited to keep teaching them. I probably won't be here for their baptism though, and that makes me sad to think about. 

Transfers are next week, and as much as I'd like to say I'm certain I'm staying here to finish training Sister Guy, with the new age change and so many changes happening in the mission, I wouldn't be surprised if I get moved out to open a new area or train another new sister, or something crazy! Everything is very unpredictable at this time! So hang in there, next Monday I will know whats going down! 

Also I heard from Sister Stanford this week, and that was just about the best thing ever! I was reading old journal entries from last transfer and they were all, "I love my companion" and "Sister Stanford is the greatest" and "Oh my gosh Sister Stanford is so funny!" I miss her a ton, but hearing from her made it good this week! She's just the best! 

I think I'm out of things to say. The work is basically moving forward, tons of people are still sick so we are having a hard time keeping appointments. Yesterday all of our schedule appts fell through, but then we tracted and had some really cool experiences meeting people and teaching them in their homes. Even though none of the people yesterday became new investigators and weren't really interested, I felt like our meeting them was a overall good experience. 

I love being a missionary! My new catch phrase is.... "lo mejor dia de mi vida!" It means "Greatest Day of my Life" but I say it like I would say... "BEST DAY EVER!" 
Til next week,

Sister Cordner


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...