Hola everyone,
Things are finally getting back to normal after the craziness of the holidays! School is back in session at Purdue (as of today) so all the members are back and people are here to let us in to their houses again! We had a cold and long week of tracting, but we do have about 4 (maybe 5) new investigators from tracting that we are hoping will go somewhere. One is this funny old lady named Jennie. She kinda loves me (not to brag or anything) but I tell her how funny I think she is and she just laughs at me because apparently I'm a funny girl. When I was telling her about the restoration, she got up after I was done, got me a water bottle and a hard candy, and asked me to rest my voice, because it apparently sounded scratchy. That was a good reminder for me to let my comp do some talking. You get me going about the Gospel and I never want to stop talking, so its nice to be reminded that I don't have to say everything! And Sister Guy has been doing a fantastic job. She is a pro at door approaches, and now we are doing a pretty equal job at sharing them. Where it used to be only me, it is now both of us, and we have been having a great (and cold) time doing it! Did I mention that its cold.... yea.... kinda killing me! lol
We have had a little drama with our investigator we gave a baptism date to. And by drama I mean I think they might be accusing my last companion and I from stealing from them... soooooo..... we're not quite sure what to do! It hasn't been anything major or accusatory, just that I guess something went missing after our last lesson and now they don't want us ever coming to their house again. And he wasn't at church so we couldn't talk to him about it, and he never answers his phone, so we do everything through his wife. I'm thinking as soon as Satan heard that we were giving him a date he stepped up and worked extra hard on Wayne. That darn Satan sure is good at his job! DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! But yea... I'm just not really sure what to do about all of this...
But on the other side, Char gets baptized a week from Saturday, and I could not be more excited. We are teaching her and her husband about eternal marriage this week in a members home, and the members are some of my favorites too. They are just a little older than me, met at BYU-Idaho, and just graduated and moved out here to work. I feel like we would have been buds if we knew each other at school, so we are kinda buds out here in Lafayette! Its quite fun! Anyway, Char wants to get ceilied to her husband, and if they do it in a year, I will still be out here so I will be able to go to the temple with them, and the very thought of that gets me so excited its insane!!!
We had interviews this week with our mission president, and I passed!!! (haha). No, but really, interviews are the best, because he just really pumped me up spiritually and gave me all sorts of help! Kinda of scared me when they let us know of the changes that are happening. Like how we have 18 sisters right now, and 10 come out next month, and then as of now we already know of 10 coming out in March. Chances are after I'm done training Sister Guy I will be in a trio with two greenies, he kinda said he sees no other way of doing it, but that we will just see how it goes. So ya, scary but fun times lie ahead!!!
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. I can honestly feel them and they are helping a ton! Love you all,
Sister Cordner
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

0 comments:
Post a Comment