Friday, February 8

January 14, 2013


Well, as many of you have mentioned, I am not in Park City this week. Bummer. But I wouldn't want to be there this week anyway, because this week is Char's baptism!!! I have been waiting for what feels like forever! She had her interview on Friday and passed, and her husband (who has been less active for a long time) has been found worthy to baptize her and confirm her the following day! AAAHHHH!!! I just love these two people so much, and I'm so glad that I have been able to be apart of her conversion. She tells me that I did a lot, but really I just sat back and watched the Book of Mormon do all the work! I have such a stronger testimony of that book since I saw what it has done for her and her life! So amazing!!!

We have had many other miracles happen this week as well. Just last Monday night we got a text from an investigator that we tracted into a while ago and have taught about two times, and it said something along the lines of "read the book, asked the question, got a warm feeling that I have never before felt!" We told her we were so excited for her and that we couldn't wait to meet with her to talk about it. She said that she read the Restoration Pamphlet and not the Book of Mormon because that was too hard to understand, but she felt really good after reading the pamphlet. She said she has had a lot of church people talk to her, but none of them are ever as "enthusiastic" about it as we are. She said she just feels like there is something different between us and the other people she has ever talked to. We invited her to come to church and she was pretty excited about it... But then on Saturday when we texted her she said she'd been really sick and didn't know if she could make it. We offered to bring her some crackers and sprite because she had been throwing up but she said she was okay. But on Sunday we got a text from her saying she felt really bad she couldn't come, and that she could use some saltines and sprite. We checked this text right as we were leaving our missionary coordination meeting, and since it was Sunday we couldn't run to the store to get things for her. So I asked the ward missionaries and one had crackers and another had 7up, so we went to their houses, got the food, and then went to visit her. (This is the same sister that we shoveled her driveway a few weeks ago). I have always loved helping and serving people, but there is something extra special about doing it while wearing a tag that has Jesus Christ's name on it. I really hope that we can get her to come to church, but if she chooses not to, we sure have left a good impression on her about who the mormons are! We told her that we couldn't go buy her things because we keep the sabbath day holy and how members of our church were willing to help us serve her. She was impressed with that! She also has three daughters who are really cute and like to talk to me, so I spent some time talking to the oldest girl about the bible and about Jesus. It was really sweet. She recognizes us as the "church girls" and likes to talk to us about God! 

Another family we tracted into said they would get baptized!!! And that they want their children to be baptized too! But they didn't come to church because she didn't have anything other than blue jeans to wear, and didn't want to disrespect our church. But she promised that she would buy clothes next week and come. We were teaching them about the Plan of Salvation and she asked if it was the same tree in the adam and eve story as it was in chapter 8 of the Book of Mormon! We explained that the tree of life was different, and talked about that vision, and she really liked it! They are great, and we really hope that we can set a date with them next time and work towards baptism with them! 

Oh, the other investigator we had a date with is now being taught by the Spanish Elders. Some drama occurred there and now it is best for everyone if he gets taught by them... (I had NO idea how much drama would be involved in missionary work, Elder Stone (Spanish elder) and I were talking about how it is worse than anything we have ever seen in high school! hahaha) 

Now for family news... SHAUN IS ENGAGED!!! How crazy exciting is that?!?!! And I'm so excited for Ron too! What a fun time in the Cordners life!!!! And for those of you in Park City, I hope you are having a blast! It sounds like it is colder there than it is here, we had really nice weather for a day or two, like in the 50s and 60s! All the snow is gone, but then it started to sleet (which I just learned what that was) and its back to freezing weather, but not in the negatives! Thats insane!!!

Love you all, have a great week, and try not to miss me too much! haha
Sister Cordner


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...