Friday, February 8

January 21, 2013


Once again, another week has flown by in the life of a missionary! I don't even try to begin to comprehend time out here because it is the weirdest thing. I feel like just yesterday was last Monday! So crazy!

Well it has been a bad winter as far as sicknesses go. Everybody is sick! I'm being serious too! When we do weekly planning, we pray for each investigator (sometimes our prayer is like 20 minutes) and this week I was the one saying it, and as I was looking in the area book and turning to each teaching record, I realized that what each person needed was health. We had a lot of cancellations because of sicknesses, a lot of doors that wouldn't open because "everyone in here has the flu, come back next week" and a lot of people NOT at church. (I think that is the hardest part of the week is Sunday morning when you are all excited to see 5-6 investigators at church and no one comes! Breaks my heart a little!) But the good thing was... Char was not sick, she was as healthy as could be and was ready to go come Saturday!

We taught her two lessons this week, one on Temples and Family History work, and she was already planning which temples she was going to go to this year to do baptisms in, and which one her and Brother Carver will be sealed in next year! And then we taught about the Priesthood on Friday, which was sweet because Brother Carvers son, Char's step son, was there for that lesson and also for the baptism. And since he has been a worthy priesthood holder and a RM, the lesson was just fantastic! Sister Carver is so lucky to have so many worthy Priesthood holders in her family! (And we were so excited to know that Brother Carver, after years of being inactive, was worthy to baptize and confirm her! 

Saturday was the most perfect day! The weather was nice (in the 40s) and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I was uber stressed all day about everything, but somehow managed to relax enough to enjoy the day. That morning we had a tour of the church with a family we have been teaching, and we committed the whole family to be baptized on March 23rd! So that was kind of an amazing way to start the day! Then we had a lesson with a new investigator... and without sharing too many details, I don't know if we will be going back... we can't tell if when he yelled at me because he didn't like me because I talk to much, if he was serious, or joking, or just drunk... lets just say my big mouth has been a little bit of a problem for me in Indiana!!! lol! After those lessons.... was the best part of the entire mission!!!

SISTER CARVER GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Oh man, the service was absoultely amazing! She and a member sang a duet for the opening song, and then she asked me to talk, so I used Elder Bednar's talk from conference about conversion and gave a short talk about how lucky I was to watch this conversion process happen in Char's life. Then a sister in our ward spoke on baptism, and then Brother and Sister Carver got in the water and it happened! She made her first covenant with God, and it was a very spiritual experience for all! Lots of missionaries came, but only a few investigators were there, but the ward was really good at showing up and supporting her. There wasn't many empty chairs there! President Collins even showed up, and he spoke to me a little after the baptism to tell me what a great job I am doing!!!!

Yesterday at church she was confirmed, and then in Relief Society the lesson was on baptism, and of course she rose her hand and had just the best comments to make. She gave me a card yesterday that touched me so much! Basically she said how much she has loved me being her missionary, and how we will always have a close relationship, and how much she loves me! Oh my gosh, it made me cry! She is the best person in the world, and I am just the most blessed person in the world to be able to have taught her my whole mission! 

Oh man, such a good week!!! This week I am going on an exchange with my MTC companion Sister Pitcher, and I could not be more excited to see her and hear how she's been doing! And the week after that we have a training to go to which I'm so pumped for, I love trainings! And the week after that is transfers, and this is where it gets crazy because all the babies will be coming out! Oh man oh man!!! I just love being a missionary! 

Sister Cordner


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...