A lot of things have happened this week, and I have a short amount of time to email since I have to drive my comp down to Indy so she can get on the plane and go home! BTW, killing a companion is not the easiest thing to do. As she is packing and cleaning and getting ready to go home, I am feeling like I should do the same since its Christmas time. I feel like the semester has ended and its time to head home, but then I'm reminded that I'm a missionary and won't be going home for 14 more months now... kinda weird!
But anyway, we had a Christmas Conference on Wednesday. President Collins and his wife did a great job at speaking and talking about Christmas, and they gave us presents, and then we got the letters from home! Thank you everyone who sent me a letter! It meant the world to me to get that envelope full of cards from all of you! And Angell... I'm going to write you but I don't have a ton of time today, but thank you so much for your package. I'm not going to lie, I think my favorite thing about that whole day was seeing the pictures of your kids! I literally started to cry when I saw them and I think I said things like... "these are my favorite people in the whole world." and "Oh my gosh Avery's hair is so long!" And the crying continued.
So Wednesday was great, I also got to see missionaries that I hadn't seen since the MTC, and tonight in Indy I'm going to see some more, so I'm excited!
Friday we had dinner at Sister Carver's house! And then afterwards we had a lesson with her. She is getting so excited for her baptism date, I just love it! She gave Sister Stanford and I christmas presents! Friday was a weird day though because everyone had their TV on when we went to their house. The shooting in Conneticut was all anyone was talking about. It was very sad.
Saturday was a lot of goodbyes for Sister Stanford. Somehow with everyone we had to say goodbye to, we still managed to teach a ton of lessons this week! We taught so many lessons that we had to get a 2nd progress report to write all of them down! Thats a new record for us! And yesterday we had the Christmas Program in Sacrament Meeting with all the different musical numbers. We were in the choir and it was really fun! We had 4 investigators at church and I could see all of them from where I was sitting! And Sister Carver was just smiling at us the whole time! Oh gosh I love her so much!!!
Okay... now for the big news that I've been holding out on. Before all of this happened, we had a teaching appointment with Sister Carver that we invited President Collins to come to. This was Tuesday afternoon. On the way to the appointment he was telling us how he heard that a year from now we will have 58 sisters in the mission, (right now we have 18) and how the mission is just going to explode here soon with tons of missionaries. I made the comment... 40 new sisters? How am I going to get to know all of them... and he said, "Sister Cordner, you're going to train more than half of them!" hahahaha... oh wait... this is President Collins joking about me training... I probably shouldn't be laughing at this.
After our lesson he told me he needed to talk to me. I thought maybe there was a talk about how to deal with sending your companion home. Instead he just straight up said, "Sister Cordner I need you to train." I said, "Ok... wait now?" And then I told him, in case he forgot, that I was a brand new missionary! But he seems to think that I can do it. So my new companion is currently in the MTC and will be flying in tomorrow. I will pick her up at the Transfers meeting this Wednesday and then train her!!! AAAAHHHH!!!
Basically I have just been kinda freaking out all week long about this. Part of me wishes he hadn't told me a week ago, because it really made for a hard and scary and stressful and mentally insane week... but the other side has been good. Sister Stanford trained her 3rd transfer, and so she had a lot of tips for me! Basically I'm going to "fake it til I make it" for the next little bit, and my new greenie will think that I actually know what I'm doing! hahaha. Anyway, I'm wicked nervous and basically am about to begin what I think will be the hardest thing I have ever done, so continue to pray for me! I know that I can't do it alone, and I have been relying on the Lord a lot since I've been out and I just know that I'm going to need to rely on him a lot more! With His help I can do it! (ONLY with His help!) Because without the strength from the atonement and the love of my Heavenly Father and the guidance of the Holy Ghost... I would not be able to do this!
I love you all so much,
Sister Cordner!
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

0 comments:
Post a Comment