Friday, February 8

December 26, 2012


It was so much fun talking to you guys on Christmas! I loved that I was able to hear the announcement of niece number 6, and that I was able to hear how all of you were doing! I'm not gonna lie, saying goodbye to mom and dad was probably the hardest thing in the world! Why do you guys have to be so awesome? Also I got our Christmas Card! Oh and I got the pillowcase from the ward! That was such a wonderful surprise! Tell everyone that I loved it so much!!!

Christmas on the mission was amazing! I absolutely loved it! The ward has taken such good care of us. On Christmas Eve we went with the Stake President and all of the missionaries in our zone to an Indian restaurant. Then we went to President Ellis' house and just spent the evening together. It was so fantastic. Christmas morning was the best, we woke up and opened our presents for our "exercise", and then we went to the Ward Mission Leaders home for breakfast. They had already done their whole Christmas thing with their 1 and 3 year old boys. That was super fun to see what those boys got for Christmas and how much fun they were having! Sister Baer made us a HUGE breakfast with everything you could imagine to eat! Then we watched Joy to the World! What a fantastic missionary video that is! Then we made our phone calls and did our studies, and then went to the Primary Presidents house for dinner. They lived out in the country so we had someone drive us there and we spent a few good hours with that family. Then they drove us back, and I called dad! I was getting very ancy because I told him I would call him around 5 and here it was, 6:30, and they were still talking to us and not giving us a ride home. SORRY DAD! But talking to him was worth it. Although it did make it hard to re-focus on the work after talking to the family! 

Today there is a HUGE storm going on, so we went to an appointment this morning and they lady didn't ever answer her door. Thats always annoying. So we used that time to tract. And either no one was home or nobody wanted to answer the door in a blizzard. One person answered, and said, "aren't you freezing?" We said yes but explained what we were doing and he said he wasn't interested. So that was the extent of my first blizzard tracting day! We decided to move our weekly planning session from tomorrow to today, because we did not want to spend more time tracting in the snow! 

My new companion is fantastic! Her name is Sister Guy, and she's from Utah! My goal was to have no companions from Utah... but that didn't really work out! haha. She is amazing though! I was so scared to train but it is easy when she is already so knowledgeable. She was talking on doors her second day, which is way faster than I did. We taught a lady that we tracted into last week the entire restoration lesson today. Usually we have to split it up or something, but this girl is golden. Sister Guy was amazing at stepping in, I actually think she talked more than me! Which I loved because I was afraid that me (being the talker that I am) wouldn't be a good trainer because naturally I would just take over and talk a ton, but she is amazing at talking in lessons! Basically she is training me, and I just answer a few questions of hers about the logistics of missionary work. And so far I have only had to ask my District Leader for help once!!! The two of us are learning a lot from each other and we are learning a lot about relying on the Spirit! Today with the blizzard our Zone Leaders called to say that they want us to be careful, and that it is up to us if we ground our car, drive it, or reschedule things for the day to stay safe. At first I just wished people would tell me what I should do, but I am learning a lot about asking Heavenly Father, and then relying on the Holy Ghost to know what to do! And Sister Guy is so great about that too!!!

I miss Sister Stanford a ton! If you are reading this Jamisyn, I LOVE YOU!!! I spent a huge chunk of P-day writing her a pretty lengthy letter that most of the Elders were making fun of me for doing it. I had to explain to them that she isn't just my trainer, but like my favorite person, and I felt the need to tell her every single detail of what she was missing in Indiana! haha! And she sent me a letter about how she gave the guy next to her on the plane a Book of Mormon! She is just the best missionary in the whole world! I just love her so much!

Missionary work is just the best! Christmas night was kinda hard because after all the fun of Christmas Eve and P-Day and then Christmas, we had to get right back to work. No 2 week vacation or nothing! But last night we were in a Less Active members home and we read in the Book of Mormon with him. Once I was there reading with him, the spirit reaffirmed to me the reason I am on a mission! As much as I miss all of you, preaching the gospel is the best thing in the world, and I am so glad that I can be doing that here in Indiana! (Even during a blizzard!)

Love you all,
Sister Cordner


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...