Friday, February 8

January 2, 2013


Happy New Years everyone! The library has been closed for the past two days because of the holiday, so sorry that I'm late emailing this week again! Hopefully everything will be back to normal next week.

This past week was kinda a rough one. It was hard to teach people, because nobody was in town. And when we did have teaching appointments it was hard to have members come with us. But we managed to have a good time nonetheless! I liked how everyones emails were pretty short this week, you are all thinking... "I just talked with you a few days ago, I have nothing to say!" haha... I'm kinda the same way, but I guess I do have some exciting news!

We set a baptism date for two of our investigators for Feb 23rd (also known as my best friend Amy's birthday!) We have been teaching this family since I got here. She is a member, and we have been teaching her husband and her daughter. But she doesn't have full custody of her daughter, so getting a baptism date was going to be hard, and she wanted her new husband to be baptized the same day as her daughter... so its taken a while, and thats why the date is still kinda far away. I was excited when we extended the date, and they both accepted it and seem excited, but we still cannot tell if he is getting baptized because he wants it, or because his wife wants it for him. Its kinda a tricky situation, because he keeps all the commitments we leave for him, and he is slowing changing, but still... he is not nearly as converted to the gospel as my last converts have been. But who are we to deny him baptism if he wants it.... so we are going to continue to teach him, and if he doesn't want it then that will come out when he gets interviewed for baptism. Our DL will really crack down on him and make sure he knows that this covenant he is about to make is kinda a HUGE deal, and theres not really going back on promises with God... so yeah.... We are excited... but apprehensive at the same time!

But what we are really really excited about is Char's baptism! Have I mentioned how much I love her! I called her yesterday and she said, "Hey Tara, how was your new years?" It is the weirdest thing being called Tara out here... but I kinda like it! haha! She is doing amazing, and her interview is next week, and her baptism the week after that! Only 17 days away!!! She has asked me to speak at her baptism, and she made a pretend program and it said, "Char's missionary, Sister Tara Cordner, will speak on__________." Oh man, I just love being her missionary! It has changed my life to see the way her life is changing! Gotta love it!!!

New Years was just another day for us. On P-Day we went bowling with all the other missionaries in the area, and then we had dinner with a family in the ward and they made us homeade cafe rio! I wish I could ask every family to make that for us! So far I have had it 3 times since I've been out! Not quite like my days in Rexburg where I was hitting up Costa Vida 3 times a week, but I'm very thankful that I've still had it!!! We got sparkling apple juice and that night around 10:15 we randomly counted down "54321!" and drank our little juice out of a mug! haha! And then we went to bed, and woke up and it was a brand new year! kinda cool right?! 

Well everyone, I love being a missionary! It is probably the hardest thing I have ever done... but yet I still find so much joy in it. Weird right?! Answer: YES! 

Love you,
Sister Cordner




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...