Transfer number 8 has come and gone... can you say fastest transfer ever!!! Oh my heck, its been so great! We have had some amazing miracles here in Carmel. Sister Steigler is doing so great, we taught her the Word of Wisdom and the only thing that will be hard for her is tea, but she knows that Joseph Smith is a prophet and she is ready to start living the commandments. We have been teaching a PM family and I KNOW that Sister Miller is SO CLOSE to being baptized, its been so great teaching her and having her explain the feelings she has been having as she has been repenting and feeling relief! Just wait until you're baptized, she's going to feel SO GOOD!!!
This has been a fantastic week. We worked SO HARD! We had 11 lessons with members present, that hasn't happened to me my whole mission. It helped that we didn't have exchanges to go on and we could spend the whole time focused in our area. Sister Donaldson wanted to work hard up until the end, and by golly we did! Its been an emotional week full of lasts for her, but she's been doing great! I don't have a ton of time to write today because we still need to get a ton of things done so she can head off to the mission home. I've been thinking a lot about Sister Stanford all week since the last companion I killed was her... and now she's been home for months and did a whole semseter of school and is basically running the MTC and just rockin it in Provo! Where did the time go, it feels like it was just Decemeber 17th and we were spending our last day together, rocking out to Christmas music. Sister Donaldson and I have been rocking out to The Work! Its been great!
This weekend we had a special treat. Somebody that Sister Donaldson tracted into at the beginning of her mission was baptized in Lafayette. So we got permission to go, and earlier that day Lafayette 3rd ward had a baptism and some of the missionaries told one of my favorite members that I was coming that night, so she was there when I got there!!! It was so fun to see a familiar face and think of all the great times in my old area. I loved Lafayette so much, it made me so Lafayette homesick when we were driving in! Oh man it was such a great area (minus the smell... that city smelled so bad!)
Carmel is so beautiful though. I could spend the rest of my mission here. I won't though, I had an interview with President Cleveland this week and he said he would put me on a campus before the end of my mission! So I have that to look forward to! Can't wait!!! But I have to stay in Carmel to see some of these great people get baptized!!! I love it!
Maybe I will have more time to write next week, I love you all, have a great week!
Sister Cordner

0 comments:
Post a Comment