Monday, October 14

September 30, 2013

How does week 6's keep creeping up on me. Its so weird... SO WEIRD!!! I don't even know what happened this week... um... okay, lets go.

Tuesday and Wednesday were spent in Plainfield, Indiana. There are two sets of sisters in the ward there so we crashed with them and did two exchanges in a row with them. Then we came back on Thursday to an area that hadn't been worked in for 2 days... so we had to work hard to meet our goals. We had a mission leadership council on Friday that was a full day thing, and then on Saturday we spent most of the afternoon at the church at a Womens Conference thing before the RS Broadcast was one. And then on Sunday we went to our church and then the next wards sacrament meeting because 2 of our investigators couldn't come until the 1:00 ward. So all week we didn't have 1 whole day to work in our area, but we still managed to get a good amount of lessons, met most of our goals, and we had 5 investigators at church! So that was pretty sweet.

Its been a crazy kinda week, sometimes I wish I could be a normal missionary and just work in my own area everyday without special meetings or exchanges. But I just keep reminding myself that my mission right now isn't just the Carmel ward, but all the sisters in Indianapolis... We only have one more exchange this transfer and then I have a little bit of a breather between transfers.

We are pretty sure that we will be staying together next transfer. We gave a training to all the Zone Leaders and President liked it so much he said he wanted us to give the same training to all the District Leaders next transfer. I keep doing this, I have a small idea and then I am put in charge of carrying out this big training that just keeps getting bigger... I should learn to just keep my mouth shut. But anyone who know me knows that I can't do that.

The main thing that is keeping me going right now is the people here. I LOVE THE PEOPLE IN INDIANA!!!! Oh my goodness, I love the people I'm working with so much! They make my life. I don't know what I would be like if I didn't know some of these members and investigators. They have changed me, and I will forever be grateful.

The RS broadcast was... AMAZING! I had studied Covenants on Saturday morning, and then what did every member of the Presidency speak on... covenants!!! I think being a covenant keeper is the best blessing we could ever have. Think of all the people who have ever lived, and how many of them had covenants with their Father in Heaven. How small a percent we are, and how blessed we are! I am bound to my Father in Heaven because of the covenants I made when I was 8, and the other ones I made when I was 20 in the temple! Its just mind-blowing to know that I was trusted enough to make covenants, and those covenants are valid as long as I am obediant. Statiscally speaking... we are a VERY small group of humans to make have temple covenants, and I am forever grateful for them!!! I love my Father in Heaven more than anything, He has helped me so much this past year. I love that I can tell him EVERYTHING, He never judges me or makes me feel down, I do that on my own. When I have big goals I can ask for His help to accomplish them, and He helps me EVERYTIME! More people need to know about Him... everyone reading this email... help get the word out! God is alive, Christ is His son, and He lives too! The Gospel has been restored and we are led by a prophet of God. (HE IS SPEAKING TO US THIS WEEK!!!!!!) The temple is where we can find true peace and happiness. (I miss it so much!)

I love life right now. Its hard, but life is hard! I'm not the only person struggling right now, and I have God on my side... so really I can't complain about my struggles. I need to focus on finding other people who are struggling and help them! So thats what I'm going to go do this week! Wish me luck, and by wish me luck I guess I really mean pray that I will have success as I open my mouth to proclaim the good word to the Hoosiers here in Indiana!!!

Love,

Sister Cordner

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...