Monday, October 14

October 14, 2013

I don't even know how this week of miracles occured... but it did. It started with us having a goal of 8 member present lessons, and on Thursday we only had 2... but guess what, we met our goal! We had 3 on Friday and 3 on Saturday!!! I love member present lessons, the members are the best at fellowshipping and bearing testimony! I love it so much!!! But besides having good numbers and teaching a lot, we saw even cooler things.

We have new roommates... these sisters were together last transfer and they were actually in my old area, Indy 1. They were struggling a lot, and President didn't know how to help them, so he transferred both of them, together, to Westfield, and now they are our roommates. He thought that being roommates with Sister Training Leaders might motivate them to get out of the slump they both were in. It has been... interesting... to say the least. But we will see as the transfer moves on who things go with the roommate situation. But its really not that huge of a deal because we rarely see them. yesterday we left our apartment at 6:40am and didn't get home until 9:30pm... Most days aren't like that, but Sundays usually are! But we will see!!!

Okay, so transfers happened, we got 1 new area in our stewardship, and it is Sister Guy's first trainee Sister Hain, I'm so excited to work with her because she is amazing! We have basically figured out exchanges for the next transfer, so after this nice 2 week break of no exchanges we will be jumping in again this week with our normal 2 exchanges per week. The difference this transfer is we are bringing all the sisters to Carmel. President wants the missionaries to go on an exchange in a leader area so they get the feel of what a good/busy/dilligent area is like. So we are preparing to have all these sisters come to our place. The best part about this is instead of only have 5 days a week in our area to work, we will have 9! Both Sister Pitcher and I will be working in our own area, building our teaching pool and helping our investigators progress, so we are pretty excited about this! President didn't like the idea of "taking his best players out of the game." You can tell he is a coach, right?! So we are all playing harder this tranfer than ever, he wants all of the leaders to have baptisms... which leads me to my next point....

Sister Kelly will be getting baptized this Sunday!!! Once she received her answer that it was true, all the other things she had a problem with melted away. She stopped drinking coffee and tea, met with us and told us she was ready, and we prepared the service for her! President Cleveland is going to be baptizing her, so thats pretty sweet!!! I have been working with her since about my 2nd week in Carmel, and I love her so much!!! Pictures to come next week!!!

We have a part-member family too that we will be teaching soon, Victoria is 10 and she just LOVES us sisters. We asked her to ask her mom (the non member) if we could teach her and she came to us at church SO happy and excited to tell us she can. I just love pm families because its so much easier to bring into the church when they already have the support system of the family! So we are really excited to get her going!!!

I love it here so much! Its been the best 13 months of my life! I am so hapy for the chance I get to serve here, and I hope it never ends!!! I hope everyone is having a great week doing whatever you are all doing, remember to keep up the missionary attitude! its not a one time thing, you need to continue to talk with everyone and to share the gospel to as many as will hear you! I love you all,

Sister Cordner

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...