Talk about the best transfers in the world!!! Sister Donaldson went home and that was sad and weird, she is at school today... even weirder! But that meant we needed a Sister Training Leader called to fill her place. Last transfer they put a great sister on Purdue campus with a trainee, and I thought that was weird to put a trainer/trainee on a campus when usually its been Zone Leaders and now Sister Training Leaders will be there. Anyway, I found out she was going to be one, and that the sisters up North were both getting double transfered out. So the new area open was Purdue and that was going to be the North Sisters Area. I was staying in Carmel, and the sisters at IU weren't at the meeting. So I know that my companion will be either of the two sisters coming from up north, Sister Whalin, or Sister Pitcher. When Sister Whalin got called to Purdue YSA, I KNEW I WOULD BE WITH SISTER PITCHER!!! Oh man, we just looked at each other and almost squealed! Nothing like becoming companions with your best friend. I got my stuff ready and as soon as he called Carmel I stood up and ran over to her (in the most reverent way possible!) We hugged and sat down and the rest of the meeting just zoomed by. I didn't even pay attention because I was so excited to be with my MTC companion again! And it has just been the best week EVER!!! It takes a new companionship some time getting used to each other and how we work together... but we already did that a year ago, and even though a lot has happened since then, we are still the same people, and we still love each other, so we have just jumped into what is the best companionship EVER! We have been making some amazing plans for this transfer, and I can already tell its going to be a great one!
Sister Steigler is doing fantastic. Her baptism in on the 21st, and she is so solid. She stood up in Sunday school to introduce herself (we had a new teacher and we all did) but she introduced herself by her first name and said, soon to be Sister! She is so excited to be baptized. She is already seeing the blessings that come from living the word of wisdom. She has had a hard time giving up tea, but then she got the highest score on her nursing exam, and she knows it is because the Word of Wisdom promises us knowledge. Oh man, teaching other people has built my testimony so much. Some of these commandments I have been living my whole life and therefore have been recieving the blessings from them my whole life, and I don't know if I have ever realized that. Until someone who hasn't lived it starts living it and notices the difference.... thats when you know God is truly there. He is blessing people for living the commandments!!!
We are also teaching this young women named Vanessa. She knows the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. But she hasn't come to church yet, and I think its because she is doing it on her own. She has friends in the ward that we have brought to lessons, but her family won't sit in with us during the lessons. So please everyone pray for Vanessa's family to also enjoy the great blessings that this church brings. Brining a person into the gospel is great, but bringing a soon to be eternal family would be so much better!!!
Lets see, what else has been going on... Yesterday was Labor day so the libraries were closed, hence the email today. We spent what would have been our library time deep cleaning the apartment. We finally live in a clean place where the Spirit can truly dwell. When the Elders moved out last transfer they said they cleaned it... but Elders clean and Sisters clean is a different standard for sure! Once we were done cleaning we went to the Stake Center and had a huge zone dodge ball game. It was really fun because people actually showed up. Last transfer we kept talking about doing it but no one would come. So I'm glad that we have a cool zone this transfer!!!
We haven't met with Sister Miller this week, so hopefully we will touch bases with her soon and invite her to be baptized. She is so close! I know she can do it this transfer, if we could actually meet with her!
Sister Pitcher is just amazing and I am so thankful to be with a companion that I love so dearly. She has blessed not only my MTC expereince but now my mission work. Its going to be the best transfer EVER! I love you all, have a great week and I will talk to you all shortly!
Sister Cordner

0 comments:
Post a Comment