Saturday, March 22

I'm a Mormon... a Utah Mormon!!!

Its official! I live in Utah. I've been here over a week now and guess what... I LOVE IT!!! I used to make fun of people from Utah, and now I am one! (Sorry for those people reading this from Utah!) Its been one of the best weeks! I still don't know a ton of people in Salt Lake, so I'm learning to be independent! I did something really fun the other night. I went to see a movie by myself! I loved it too! Its something I've wanted to do since I was on my mission. (Something about not being able to go to movies and never being alone made me really want to go to a movie by myself!) I love being independent! When I feel like going to the temple, I just go! When I want to get food, I get it! When I want to watch a movie, I watch one! Its so fun! Plus on top of all the fun things I do on my free time, I really do love my job! Its been a great week at work. I have a feeling I'm going to be very happy working here. There is such a ladder of opportunity with Sutter Health, and I am excited to see where my life with them goes! My work is so fun I actually wake up excited to go. I haven't felt that way since the mission. Waking up excited is probably the greatest happiness there is in life!

Speaking of my mission... I miss it a ton! Today I went to the temple and I could not stop thinking about Indiana. It occupied every single thought I had! So when I was done, I decided to make today a craft day. I went to Michaels and bought some craft stuff and came home and worked on it all day! I made a sweet shadow-box to remember all my favorite Indiana things. Inside it I put a picture of me, my shoe that I wore out, my ministerial certificate, my tag, a Perdue sticker, two fortunes from cookies that predicted the rest of my mission, a laser that a little boy gave me, a Christmas ornament that a member made for me, a squished penny from the Indy zoo, a piece of taffy (Sister Pitcher's!) and of course an Indiana flag!!! I am so proud of it!



Other things I have done since moving: Busted out my flip flops!!! I am no longer a student at BYU-Idaho or a missionary! Therefore, I'm wearing flip flops again!!!


I put together this media shelf for all my movies!  Notice the 4th shelf down... CATCHING FIRE ROCKS!!!

I've been down to Provo twice! Last weekend I went to the BYU Volleyball game, and last night I went to Provo Beach which is this super sweet place with a rope course, bowling alley, and arcade games! It was so fun! (Sadly no picture from last night though!)


I love being in Utah. I love my job! I miss the mission, but I know that this is where God needs me to be at this time in my life, so I'm going to let it all "Come What May, and LOVE IT!"

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...