Saturday, March 1

Taylor Swift Songs

I have always been a firm believer that no matter what stage of life you may be in, there is a Taylor Swift song that describes your life perfectly at that moment. I can literally take you through every song of hers and tell you when that was a song that applied to me in high school or college. I remember driving in the car with Staci singing Picture to Burn (with a few words changed to fit exactly what we wanted to say) and having it just fit exactly how we felt about a certain person. Who doesn't relate to "Teardrops on my Guitar". There was even a semester where I was taking guitar class and I was friendzoned by the boy that I was madly in love with... Taylor described it so perfectly!!! I remember listening to "You Belong with Me" on repeat for about a whole semester thinking about a certain boy I worked with. There was even a boy in my math class once named Stephen, and yes, he did look like an angel... I mean, could it be even more perfect! Hey Stephen! I could go off on an entire blog post about how "The Story of Us" was my life story. And then of course that story ends, and goes along perfectly with the song "Better than Revenge". (I didn't do anything to get revenge... but I sure did like to listen to that song and think about it!) Stupid college boy anyway. Some of them were harder to get over than others! haha. After any type of social gathering where a cute boy talked to me, I would come home and play Enchanted for a few days until I got over that random stranger! haha. And then of course when I bought my car, I always liked to sing to her about how she is the "best thing thats ever been mine!" (Obviously that song didn't fit as well as the other ones did but I made it work!)

And even when there wasn't a boy drama going on in my life (which wasn't too often if you knew me!) I would visit my sister and spend time with my nieces and then the song "Never Grow Up" would be my theme song! Or when the Hunger Games came out and I was just obsessed with that movie and everything associated with it. Safe and Sound and Eyes Open! Oh man they were so good!!! I'm serious... There is ALWAYS a T-Swift song for whatever you are going through.

Last night I caught up with my best friend Staci after a long time of not being together. It was so fun to hear about what has happened in her life for the last 2 years. Staci being one of the girls I would sing Taylor Swift to in my car growing up decided to tell me about her life as she played songs that represented each part. So she and I listened to the newest Taylor CD as she told me about how each song fit her life the last little bit. And wouldn't you know it, they were all just so perfect!

So here I am, fresh off the mission. There hasn't been TOO much boy drama lately, I don't really know if Taylor has a song for awkward RMs... and I'm wondering what song will fit my life right now. Well remember that time on the mission when I had a birthday and everyone was sending me birthday cards that said, "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!" Guess what... I finally understood why they all said that! Taylor Swift has a song about being 22! Wow... could she be more inspired! She is just simply amazing!

I would highly recommend if you need a song to describe how you feel, and if you are a girl from the age 15 to 22, you should look in Taylor's CDs. Almost guarentee that you will find one! haha

1 comments:

Lacee Jenkins said...

Yep this was an awesome post. LOVE T-swift. And I love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...