So today is Valentines Day, and all of my roommates are gone. They are all visiting their "special someone" who lives out of state. So I was way bummed at first. Not only am I going to be dateless and single on valentines weekend, but I won't have any friends to be with anyway! WRONG!
I found out that my FHE sisters were going to be 1/2 gone as well, so me and the 2 other girls remaining from the 8 of us got together Friday night to hang out. It was the funnest Friday Night I have ever had. We went Ice Skating, and then sledding. Then when we were completely frozon, we went to the Cocoa Bean for some hot chocolate. Then I stayed the night at their place and we stayed up talking for a while. Then Saturday morning came and we all got in my car and drove to Wyoming to go snowboarding! Elizabeth had NEVER gone before, and Besty had gone only once before. So we spent a LOT of time on the little baby hill with the conveyor belt because we couldn't even go on the lift. They let me leave them now and again to ride some harder stuff, but going alone just wasn't that fun, so I would do 1 run really fast and hurry back to my friends. Finally about 2 hours into it, we got on the lift! They were so great. They never quite got turning down, but they could heal-slide their way down really well! Once the mountain closed we went to this random pizza and pasta place that showed up on my GPS. Talk about slow service. An hour and a half later we left the pizza place, and drove home. We stopped at the store to get some chapstick and ended up all getting some Ben and Jerrys as well. Then we came home and watched Shes the Man and ate our ice cream!
Today has been a fantastic day as well. I had church this morning at 9:30, and then in relief society when we do standing roll call, they called apt. 206 and I was the only one to stand up, everybody was like, your alone, you should hang out with us today!! Every one has been so nice, I haven't been alone at all! As soon as I got home my FHE brothers came over and hung out for a while. And then while they were still there my visiting teachers came over. So my FHE brothers left and I got visit taught, and then I had a presidency meeting, and everyone there invited me to hang out with them later. And then I got home and within 5 minutes of being home my dad called and I talked to my family for an hour.
So thats been my day. My lonely valentines day hasn't been lonely at all. There are so many friendly and nice people here, and of course my family loves me and I love them so much. (except Keri said she wouldn't be my valentine, and I got mad at her!!!) lol. So ya, its been a fantastic weekend!
And to top it off, we have a ward party tomorrow where we will be going to a ranch to have sledding and cross country skiing and a snowy picnic! I am so excited! :)
I love weekends!
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment