I was writing a letter to my missionary friend Preston today and I realized how easy is for me to write about my day and my life in his letter, and yet I hate writing about my life in my journal! Then I thought about blogging, and how easy and often I get on here and blog, and yet the last time I really wrote in my journal was the beginning of February. I learned what my problem is. I need to have people read what I write. When I'm writing a letter, I know that my friend is going to open it and read it. When I write in my blog, I hope that people will read and comment on what I have to say. But when I write in my journal, I lock it up in this book that nobody ever reads. Thats like really lame. And yet... there are so many things that I can't blog about, that I don't want to write in a letter to a missionary, and that I really need to get out. Thats when my journal comes in handy! When I have secrets to share with myself, I write them in my journal... (and by that I mean I write about the boy(s) I like!)
Anyway, that was a random intro to this blog post, like I don't even know where that came from! (and I almost deleted the word like from that sentence, but I thought my dad would appreciate it there! NOT!!! haha) This blog was going to be about getting letters. I don't know what it is about a handwritten letter, but it is just the best thing in the world to come home to a little envelope with my name on it lying on my bed. It makes me feel 1000 times better than I do when I get a text message. Even though I love those too. (side note... I went almost 2 days without texting anyone... thats a record!) I love texting people, don't get me wrong. I love phone conversations even more! But a letter is probably the best thing ever. The communication is not fast by any means. It once took me 2 months to get a letter I was waiting for and I thought I was going to rip someones hair out! (I didn't want to rip my own hair out, thats painful!) But then when it finally comes, it just makes you happy!
One time I got a letter from my dad when I was in a really bad emotional time in my life, like last month! haha! Knowing that there are people out there who care enough about me to sit down and write a note to me just makes me forget all my stupid little problems (such as... he doesn't like me, therefore I'm a loser... you know... those kind of problems!) The words he used were inspired. They were exactly what I needed to get me through that hard time... Thanks Dad! I LOVE YOU!!!
Also one time I was in Europe and I had been there for over 3 weeks. I loved the country with all my heart, but the company I had... didn't love them as much. It was just a really hard time in my life seeing as I have grown up in the "bubble" and in Europe I was the only LDS person. The leaders pulled out letters they had kept from us the whole time from our parents. My mom wrote this letter to me way before I left for Europe, but it was honestly an inspired letter! It was like she had been watching my whole trip and knew just the feelings I was having, and she helped me get through it! I LOVE YOU MOMMY!!!
So in conclusion, sometimes I am a mess... but then I get letters from people and it makes my life better! I did not write this post so you would write me a letter (151 S 1st E Apt A6, Rexburg, ID 83440), I just wrote it so you would know that I love the people in my life that send me letters. And if you send me a really good one, you might just get a shout out on my blog! Wow...
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment