Saturday, November 12

11:11 on 11/11/11

Yesterday was the COOLEST date ever! When I was in high school I remember thinking that I wanted to get married on November 11, 2011... well that didn't quite work out, but it was still a really fun day! All day long I kept thinking about how I wanted to do something memorable. I barely remember what I did on 10/10/10, or 09/09/09, or 08/08/08.... so I decided this day had to be stuck in my memory because a date THIS cool won't happen again for another 100 years!!!

So here is my very memorable day.

Woke up, read my scriptures, took a shower, and hurried to work for a meeting that I forgot about until the night before. Both the student director and the medical director were going to a conference, and I thought I had to prepare the agenda and figure things out for the meeting, but turns out the other doctor thought he had to, and he did! So I went to work early for nothing!!! Then I got a text from my friend Karly telling me I better have my wish ready for 11:11! I had totally forgotten that you were supposed to make an amazing wish at 11:11 on 11/11/11. So I wrote down a whole sticky note full of wishes and made them all! I was working up front and all of us receptionists made our wishes, and then talked about how great of a minute that was!

Later I was in the conference room and there was an orange left up for grabs from the breakfast meeting the day before. I thought, hmm... I have never peeled my own orange, this will be memorable if I do this for the first time on 11/11/11! And before you start judging me, I have eaten oranges before, but someone else always peels them or cuts them or something first! Anyway, I peel it with my own hands, and its a disaster, but I felt pretty good about myself.

After work I call my sister to see how things are going and tell her about my 1st orange peeling adventure! Then she breaks my happy bubble by telling me how she remembers me peeling an orange before! She explained the situation and I totally remember peeling one when I was younger. So then I thought, great, if that first peeling of an orange was memorable, this 2nd one that I thought was 1st sure won't be memorable either. So I need ANOTHER memorable thing to do this day!

I texted Gaby and asked her what she was up to and if she wanted to do something fun. Her idea of fun was to make macaroni necklaces... mine was to go see Contagion in the cheap theater! My idea won! We hung out at her place until her hubby came back and the 3 of us went to dinner, and then Dave, being the lame-o he is, went home while Gaby and I went to see the movie! Half way through the movie stopped. The lights came on, and there was a flash light up at the projector sight! So we sat there for about 10 minutes while they fixed the film, and then the movie started! I was afraid that because of this delay we were going to miss 11:11 P.M, so I set an alarm and put my phone on vibrate so I would know! Luckily the movie ended at 11:07, so we didn't miss it! Also, that movie was SO GOOD!!! It was pretty intense, and so realistic! If something like that happened, the events in the movie are exactly how us idiot humans would react to it! It made me want to get my masters in Epidemiology and move to Georgia to work for the CDC! Its so interesting!!!

So as we are driving down main street, I interrupt Gaby to celebrate 11:11! I can hear her breath out and say done after a few seconds, and I'm thinking, there is only 60 seconds until I will never again see 11:11 on 11/11/11, so I have to make these seconds count! I thought of everything I wanted and wished for as much as I can until the clock turned 11:12...

Then, it was over! But thankfully, the weekend is not! Its Saturday morning, and I am thinking about all sorts of fun filled activities to fill up my day! So peace out blogger world, I am off to bigger and better things, but don't you worry, if something is super big and supper better, I will always come back to blog about it! ("Blogging is just graffiti with punctuation! -Contagion).

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...