Wednesday, November 30

Yum..... (And a new job!)

Tonight I had Red Robin! Story: My friend at work, Cassie, asked me where she should go to eat in Idaho Falls. So I'm thinking... Red Robin! But she said that she didn't want a sit down restaurant... Thats when I started to think about it.

Red Robin Yum.....

Red Robin Yum....

Red Robin Yum.....

Red Robin Yum....

It was stuck in my head all day! So I asked my dear friend Rianne if she wanted to go to Red Robin (YUM) with me after work. She said yes, and so we went!

In other news..... I got a new job! I am still going to be working at the Student Health Center, but instead of going back to being a receptionist, I'm going to be the HR manager. I'm not sure of everything that I will have to do, but I know it will involve making job descriptions for all of the positions, doing background checks on all of the employees, and teaching the managers how to properly interview someone, as well as just general HR stuff! At first it was just like, we should hire someone to do these things, and then it was like, Tara, you could do some of these things next semester, and then it was like.... Tara, will you take this job and do this instead of being a receptionist.

I can't remember if I blogged about how I didn't want to be in a management position next semester because I didn't want my winter to be really stressful. But I'm excited about this job, because it won't be as stressful as a management position! Its a brand new position and I will be starting from scratch, kind of like what I did this semester with the Operations Director! They said I will be working directly with the HR department in the Administration building. I will also be taking a class next semester called HR Management, and I have talked to my future teacher about helping to mentor me as I start this new job. He said he would love to help, so I'm pretty excited about it. It will be really obtuse to begin with, and I will probably just be asking my boss what exactly I should be doing. But I feel like it will be a great experience for me and I will learn a lot from it. Instead of having 3 years of Reception experience, I will have about 2 years, 6 months as a manager, and 6 months in HR! I think that combination will give me a good boost on my resume as far as having experience to be a Healthcare Administrator! I'm just so excited!!!

1 comments:

WaWa said...

Dear Tara,
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! You are going to do so well! I love you!
Your Friend,
Lauren

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...