Today I was thinking about how incredibly fast my vacation went, and then it occurred to me why it was so speedy quick! Usually my days consist of about 16 hours of awake time and 8 hours of sleeping time... this past week, it was more like 12 and 12. I was sleeping in that oh-so-comfy bed in my parents house, and I never wanted to stop sleeping! Everyone in my family goes to bed pretty early, and I don't like being alone in that huge house all by myself, so I would usually go in my room and be on the computer until I fell asleep. One night it was around 2 before I fell asleep, but the norm was 11 or 12. But then I didn't have anything huge to wake up for, so I would sleep in until 9...10...11:30... It just kept getting later and later. Then it would be 9 that night and everyone is going to sleep again, and I'm thinking, I have only been awake for 12 hours... I can't go to sleep now. I think that might have had a huge impact on why it zoomed so fast.
That was the greatest vacation I have had since... my last vacation! I had a blast just hanging out with Ty, Kyle and Nat and little Abby, going to lunches with my mom and dad, and just talking and being with Keri! We have the most fun together! Sometimes she would have homework, so I would play with play doh on her bed until she was done! I liked those times!!! I'm pretty sure we ate out everyday, expect last Sunday and on Thanksgiving, but I'm not complaining! It was a blast just being in the warm Arizona sun, hanging lights up with my dad, eating In-n-Out, and teaching a 6 month old to crawl!
Everyone likes to use this time of year to say what they are thankful for. I think I'm pretty much telling my Heavenly Father each night all the things I'm thankful for, but I think I will share it with the blogger world tonight! This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for my wonderful family! I'm thankful for the laughter that is in my home! I'm thankful for the friendships I have amongst my siblings and especially with my parents. I'm thankful for a dad who will take me on car rides and will listen to me talk his ear off for hours. I'm thankful for a mom who appreciates lazy days where you just need to watch Chopped and Say Yes to the Dress before you shower! I'm thankful for a sister who can open up to me and share anything she is thinking. I'm thankful for Ty who held my hand as we walked in to Kay Jewelers to surprise Kyle, and I'm thankful for Kyle for laughing at what Ty and I thought was super funny! I'm thankful for an older sister who calls just to talk and allows me to invite myself to spend a week at her house next year!!!
I hope that one day I can create a home for my family that is half as wonderful as the one I grew up in!
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment