Sunday, February 5

Biggest Winner

I don't think I have said this on my blog, but I am doing my schools Biggest Winner program. (Basically its the Biggest Loser, but we changed the name so its not copyright infringement!)


I am on the yellow team, which we right away changed to the gold team. (Gold Team just sounds better!) There are 6 other girls on my team, and we have 4 trainers. We met each night to workout together, and we are becoming really good friends. The trainers are pushing all of us harder than we have ever been pushed, but going through it wil 6 other girls is really motivating. I also have a nutritionist that I meet with once a week. She put me on a 1300 calorie diet, and so far I feel like I've been doing pretty well! I think I will be able to keep this up, which really excites me!

At this point, I have lost .2 pounds, which is basically nothing, but its a little bit of a start. Plus that was before I started dieting, and that was from only workouts! I'm thinking now that I got this diet in place, and the crazy hard workouts every night, the pounds will come off faster than I can count!

Everyone keeps asking me what my goal weight is, or just what my goals are. I am determined not to have a goal weight, and here is why. I'm afraid that, knowing myself, I would set a goal that I could reach, say 160 pounds, which for my height would be a healthy weight, and then once I got there, I would say "CHECK" and be done with my healthy living, until I'm up to what I am now and have to do the whole thing over again. Instead of a goal weight, I have a goal lifestyle. I do not want to have Type II Diabetes. The main reason I don't want to have that, is because I want to open a Wellness Clinic for Women that would specialize in preventing Type II Diabetes. If I can prevent it in my own life, then I can help others prevent it in theirs. I am taking a health science class right now all about prevention and I love it! Why do so many people wait to get sick before they get better. If we change our life now, we don't have to get sick! (Of couse I'm not saying that all sickness is preventive, and its not always the persons fault). I just know that by good eating and a regular workouts, you will be healthier. I wish I didn't wait this long in my life to start applying it! So here's to me eating hardly any calories and working out harder than I ever have in my life to kickstart my healthy lifestyle!!! If anyone wants to help motivate me, I will take all the help I can get. Here's to being healthy!!!

2 comments:

nattapatta said...

You are amazing! I am so proud that you are working so hard. I have the hardest time with eating healthy. I want to be better at that too. Hopefully you can teach me some good tricks. Don't give up, I know that you will feel better than you ever have if you stick with it. You are going to be so grateful when you start your mission if you are already in shape! I love you tara. You are such a great example and a wonderful little sister!

Angell said...

Tara! I'm so excited for you! Lifestyle changes are not easy, but if you stick with it long enough, they become habits that are hard to break. My advice is to set a specific time every day to exercise, then stick with it. I think that the hardest part is just getting to the gym! Once I'm there, I feel great. Don't give up. Keep moving forward. You are going to be on HOT SISTA MISSIONARY! :) I love you, girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...