This weekend was by far the best of the year! I was so thankful that my classes on Friday were either cancelled or optional, or easy to miss! I only had to skip one class and I got to spend 3 nights in Park City! I drove there Thursday after everything was done for the day. (Side note... Thursday's are when I have my weigh-ins for the Biggest Winner, and in Week 1, I lost 6.4 lbs!) I got to Park City around 11 that night, and no one was awake but my dad, and as soon as we got to our room he went to bed. So I crawled around in the dark trying not to wake Keri up (but I failed) and eventually fell asleep! I felt like a little kid the day before going to Disneyland... I was TOO EXCITED to sleep! Finally Friday morning rolled around and I jumped out of bed and ran to my parents side of the condo where I jumped on there bed to wake them up! Well, they were already awake, but I still jumped on their bed! We caught up for a little bit, and then decided it was time to hit the mountain. So I ate my cherrios, put on my ski clothes, grabbed my board, and headed out the door with Keri and my dad! It was the greatest day to snowboard! The sun popped out every now and then, the mountain wasn't too crowded, and it wasn't even all that cold. I was warm for the majority of the day. I realized my dad hadn't been out with me in about 3 years, because he kept telling me how impressed he was with how good I was!!! Thanks Dad! We stayed out until about 1:00, came in and ate lunch, and was out again by 2 until about 4. Thats about 5 hours, and I'm not going to lie, I was hurting by the end! My feet both had blisters (not from snowboarding, just from working out in my old shoes) and my leg muscles were on fire! I didn't feel like we did anything hard all day long. We stayed on mostly blues, hitting the occasional double blue, but when I felt ready to go for the blacks, my dad said he couldn't do it. So I had to be content with my Double Blue Squares for my bragging rights.
That night my cousins came to go to the hot tubs with us and to play Signs. Its a tradition that we have been doing ever since we started going to Park City in 2001. We ordered pizza, which I was allowed to eat since I had only eaten 400 calories up to that point in the day, and I'm guessing I had burned off even more calories from my long day of boarding. So I ate two pieces and didn't even feel guilty. But then when my Aunt pulled out the amazing cake she makes every year, I didn't have some. That was probably the hardest thing I've had to say no to this entire Biggest Winner program! We had a blast that night though, playing signs and hanging out! Basically, my family is the greatest!
Saturday was really chill. We slept in, I went to the gym, we went shopping around the hotel, we watched a movie, went out to dinner, and ended the day in the hot tubs again! I thought about going out and snowboarding one last time, but my dad and Ty had gone to a different resort with my Uncle, so I would have been alone on the mountain. Plus all of the muscles in my body were so sore, so I decided not to kill myself, and instead to just take it easy. That night Keri and I had a little sleepover party. We watched Confessions of a Shopaholic, and then we talked until we were both asleep! I miss her already, and I say her 10 hours ago. She is my best friend and my favorite person, and I wish we got to spend more time together!
This morning was sad because the goodbyes had to come. It was snowing a lot this morning, but once I dropped off the mom and the sister at the airport, the snow turned into rain, and it stayed like that until I got to Rexburg. When I came in my apartment, there were PINK streamers and balloons all over the place. Today is my half birthday, so they all got me cards and presents, and decorated the place for me! One of my presents were pink playing cards, so Bri and I played a few games of Speed and ERS! Then I did some homework, and now I'm about to go over to Gaby's house to catch up! I kind of ditched her on Thursday to be with my family, so I need to make it up to her!
Pretty much, I can't wait for Winter 2015! That will be the next time I can go to Park City with my family!!! It will be a much awaited and anticipated vacation for sure!
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment