Today I feel that a HUGE weight has been lifted.
About 28 months ago (or just over 2 years ago, for those who don't like counting in months), I saw a posting for a job at the Student Health Center as a receptionist. So I applied, interviewed, and was hired! For a year and a half I was the best receptionist the health center has ever seen (at least I like to pretend I was!) Then they had an opening for an internship working 40 hours a week. Same process, I applied, interviewed and was given the internship! Being a receptionist and the Operations Director have both been great experiences for me to grow and learn more about the health field. But at the end of last semester, I told them I didn't want to stay in management as I would be taking classes and didn't want a huge work load. I wanted to be a receptionist again as I went back to school this semester, but they wanted me to do something more than a receptionist. They created the position of HR manager, and offered it to me. Since I felt like I should, I chose to take the job as HR manager. I helped create job descriptions and interview guides for the student postions at health center. Basically, it was so boring, and I really didn't like it at all. I feel bad, but I started to dread going to work. Its not like it was when I got hired two years ago. Being a receptionist was a ball! And I'm so glad I had that job for most of my college experience.
Today I was approached by my boss about a meeting next week, and I straight up told him I wasn't going. I have already told them I wouldn't be working next semester, and I didn't think I needed to go to the meeting next week as it was going to talk about the changes we have gone through and what we should do better for next semester. Anyway, about an hour after I told him I didn't want to go to the meeting, he asked me to talk to him in the office. Tara, we've noticed that you.... Thats when I said, "Hate working!" He said, "Well, ya!" I told him that I didn't think my job was useful and that I hated it. He said that they weren't firing me, but if I wanted to released of my responsibilities it is my choice! I think I almost started to cry I was so happy! I'M DONE!!! No more health center for me! I just started a new job last week as a tutor, and I was only able to tutor a few hours a week because of my other job, but now I can tutor more often! Plus, think about all of the things I can get done in the middle of the day when I'm not at the health center. I might actually have time to do homework, or laundry! (Yesterday I was out of socks, and didn't want to do laundry, so I went to the store and bought new socks!)
Basically the next three weeks of this semester just got insanely better! I have never been so happy to stop working somewhere in my life!
On a side note, my new favorite song is We Are Young by Fun. I have been listening to it on repeat for a few days now! Its so good!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment