Saturday, March 17

Happy Green Day

Today has been such a blast! I had to get up early which isn't my favorite on a Saturday, but what can you do! I tutored at 9 this morning, and it was so great! Honestly, I love tutoring! I hardly think of it as work, its more like fun! I finished tutoring just before 10, so I got home and changed into my running clothes. Today was the schools Lucky Charm 5K! I thought about going all out and getting a green outfit, but I just didn't have the time this week. So instead I just put on my BYUI workout clothes and put a green headband on. Then last minute I grabbed my iPod and decided to buy two new songs for the run today. Then I decided to make a whole new 5K playlist. My friend Mat came over and we went to the 5K together! And my roommate Kaitlin came to take pictures of us! She is so awesome! The run was actually fun! I didn't think I would ever admit it, but it really was! My goal was to finish in less than 50 minutes, since Monday I ran 3 miles in about 45 minutes, but that was indoors and easy. Today half of the race was uphill, and the wind was pretty crazy. I only walked a little bit of the up hill part, and I jogged the entire downhill part. In the end, I finished in 38 minutes! I was pretty impressed with myself! In January our first team workout was jogging for 40 minutes, and I barely could do 2 miles in that time! I would say I have improved a little! After the race I came home and got ready for the day, and then we went to McDonalds to get a Shamrock Shake. It was the only thing I could think of the entire race. I kept telling myself, only so much longer and I get a shake!!! Well we stood in line at McDonalds forever, and when we finally got there they said they were out of Shamrock! WHAT?! Today is St. Patricks day, you can't just be OUT of SHAMROCK! I was a little infuriated! And then after I was mad I was just really sad. But we went to DQ and got a mint blizzard. Both good, both favorites. Its just that Shamrock Shake is a little more favorite, but if they don't have that, its like, thats okay, blizzard is favorite too! (Sorry, sometimes I just have to go on Brian Regan tangents... lol)

This is my team before the race! Notice the awesome guy behind us! He took the whole "dress up for the event" seriously!

This was me at the starting line! I was so excited!!!


Me and Mat before the race...


Me and Mat right after the race. Seriously though, I think I had finished 2 seconds before this picture was taken. They didn't even let me drink water yet! So gross!


Mat finished like 20 minutes before me, but when he saw me at the end he ran the last part with me!

Then he decided to silly string me. :(
Yay for somebody not running out of mint ice cream on St. Patty's day!
After all of this I went back to the library to tutor again, and then I stayed and did my own homework for a while. Then I thought about taking a nap, but couldn't fall asleep, so I thought I would blog instead! Tonight my roommates and I are going to iCover! Its like guitars unplugged, but instead of letting bands play original songs, they all do covers. I loved going to guitars every semester, so I'm hoping that iCover is just as good! Then I'm off to Gaby's because it is her BIRTHDAY!!! Happy 21st birthday Gaby Judd... Bowen! (I swear I'm never going to get used to her married name!)

And to everyone else who wasn't born today... Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...