This weekend my very best friend in the whole world got married! I was lucky enough to be able to skip town for the last four days to be there for her! I left Thursday morning at about 8, got to the airport a little before noon, and got on a 2:30 flight! Just as soon as I got to my house I took my mom's car and met up with Amy to go get our nails done. We took her little sister Becca and had lots of fun! Then we went to her house and ate some dinner, and back to the church to get everything set up! Staci met up with us, and we were handed the napkins, and may I just say, we put the napkins on the table like we have been placing napkins our whole life! They looked amazing! This was us that night setting up!
Staci and I hung out that night, and Amy was going to meet up with us, but she ended up not being able to. Staci and I went to Someburros that night, which is my favorite, and then we had a sleepover! We stayed up sooooo late, like until midnight! I know, it was crazy! Then the next morning everything was rush rush rush to get ready to go. We put on our bridesmaids outfit and decided it would be better not to play "who wore it best." Then we finished up and were on the road. We were still pretty early to the temple, but it was such a nice day outside I didn't mind waiting! But I did actually get sunburned from spending so much time outside!!! Dang my fair Idaho winter skin! Then the moment we were all waiting for... Amy and her new husband Sean came out of the temple! They looked so happy and so cute! Amy's hair was done by my cousin, and it was so gorgeous! Her dress was made by her mom... and OH MY GOSH, it was beautiful! She was just stunning all day long! I stayed at the temple with them for a while and took pictures around the grounds. I can't wait for those to be done, I think we got some really cute ones! The temple grounds were gorgeous too! I love flowers WAY more than the snow! Just another reason Arizona > Idaho.
Then we headed over to the luncheon. My parents were there but they didn't save me a seat by their table, so I sat with Kirsten, Amy's roommate, and then a few of Amy and Sean's friends from Tucson came and sat by us. It was a really good lunch, and the company was really fun! Then Amy and Sean got there after taking hundreds of more pictures!
After lunch I hung around home for a while before the reception. I took a nap, and then my dad and I went out and saw the Gilbert Temple grounds, and went over to the mall, and then to Target. Then we got home, ate dinner, put our nice clothes back on and were at the church within minutes! Kyle and Nat came too with cute little Abby! Amy had never met Abby, and she thought she was pretty cute! The reception was lots of fun, tons of goodies to eat, and really really good Italian Soda. I was only going to have one, but my new friend Justin insisted I have three! In the end I only had two! But if I wasn't supposed to be on a diet, I probably would have had one in my hand the entire night!
The next day was pretty fun too! I went running with my dad, and then he insisted on buying me good running shoes. Then I played a few games of Settlers with my parents, went to Bahama Bucks, had In-n-Out for dinner, and then watched a movie. It was a great relaxing day at my house!
I really really really didn't want to come back today. I had such a fun time and I know school is going to be heck this week. (Actually if I'm being honest, its going to be heck for the next four weeks!) But then it will be over and I will get to go on another vacation! Next time to Ohio! Can't wait!!!

1 comments:
I seriously can't believe that Amy is married. WEIRD! I'm glad you got to go to the wedding. Fun! I'm SO excited to get you out here! Brinley keeps asking about her Aunt Tara! :) I love you!
Post a Comment