Thursday, May 10

Today's Adventures

Last week my religion teacher told us about a school trip to Nauvoo. I thought it would be cool but didn't really give it a second thought, until today. He brought it up again and said they still needed people to sign up. So I asked him about it after class and he gave me a flyer with a number to call. I called, and then I registered, paid, and now I'm going! How crazy am I. We leave next Thursday and get back a week from Monday. I'm going to see Adam-ondi-Ahman, Carthage Jail, Far West, Independence Area, Liberty Jail, Martin's Cove, Nauvoo, and Winters Quarters. The thing I'm most excited about is going to the Nauvoo temple. After I registered I got an email asking me if I would like to attend the temple and do baptisms or a session. Having newly been endowed, I choose the session! I could not be more excited for this trip! I figured because its my last semester at BYUI and it might be the last time I get to do this for as cheap as it is, I should just go for it! And since my class load isn't too bad, its not that hard to just skip out for a week!

In other news, the power went out today all over campus, which at first was really fun and exciting. I was in the middle of my sewing class and just about to start sewing my pj pants when the lights turned off. So we went out in the hall and talked for a while and waited. But the lights never came back on, so we left class about a half hour early! I was super happy, until I realized that just meant I had to go back to the sewing lab later tonight to finish sewing. I went to the library and found a table by a window so I could do some homework. Eventually the power came on, and then I made my way to my last class of the day. But there was only 3 other people there in class. Apparently the teacher is out of town, but didn't tell us last class, but everyone else got the memo. I'm still a little confused about how that happened! Oh well.

I just barely finished my homework for the day, and had about 10 minutes until my tutoring appointment. Thats why I decided to write this little blog about my two adventures of the day! I promise a big blog with lots of pictures soon to come of my big adventures in Illinois! WOOHOOO!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...