Tuesday, April 16

April 8, 2013

This week has just been so bomb! Every week as a missionary is, but this week just was even more! Tuesday we had 5 appointments just back to back to back! Only 1 of them fell through... and that makes for kinda a weird story about how we were in her house when her daughter came home and said, "Are you the mormons who have been coming over and talking to my mom?" And then she goes outside to talk to her mom and yell at her and run inside crying... and we left after that before the lesson started... so yea... missionary work is so fun, and funny too!!! So Tuesday was great and then Wednesday was super fun! We went downtown and met up with the YSA sisters and did a huge mass exchange. I went out with Sister Donaldson who is the only other sister training 2 missionaries right now and she gave me great advice. Then I went on campus with her new missionary and the two of us just tore IUPUI up! We talked with so many people and got so many phone numbers! YSA is so different but it is so fun! Then that night I got pulled over because my tail light was out, that was exciting, and so all day Thursday we were running around trying to get that fixed up! I don't even remember what happened on Friday, something good I'm sure.... oh yeah we had dinner with an investigator and it was so good! She will be baptized soon for sure, she is amazing. OH MAN! 

Then for the best part of the week, GENERAL CONFERENCE! We watched it at the church building and just had the best time being fed spiritually by our leaders! What a feast!!! I obviously loved all the talks about missionary work, Elder Anderson's in particular! I have been wondering how I can be a better missionary and how I can be a better leader, and he said that nothing will stop the Lord's work from progessing! Thats when it hit me that I'm just an instrument in God's work, so as long as I rely on Him, and constantly ask Him what I should be doing, I won't feel like I'm failing. I can find joy in inviting people, and even if they don't accept the invitation (because most of the time they won't) I still can have joy in the fact that I am doing what God wants me to be doing! I don't know if thats what Elder Andserson said, but that is what the Spirit told me during his talk! Also, of course, I loved President Monson's! We had an investigator who was having a hard time with Joseph Smith calling himself a prophet... she thought that was prideful and boastful. We told her what prophets were and invited her to look up President Monson speak and watch him. She doesn't think he is a pride or boastful person at all, she loves him!!!! We had another investigator we called last night to ask about conference just go off about how much she loves him! If Sister Cordner can't convince these people, than the Prophet can! (Well the Spirit is what is doing the convincing, but you understand my point!) I just cannot wait to go talk to all of our investigators this week about conference. One of them texted us during conference to tell us that two of the talks were addressed to her and how amazing it was! 

To quote the amazing Sister Farr, "This church is just so true, I  cannot handle how true it is!" haha, she said that during her personal study today and it made me laugh! Later today we are going to play racketball with a member! The ward here is fantastic and the work is moving along! Sister Hodge has a baptism date for April 27th, so we are busy helping her get everything ready for baptism! What a great time it is to be a missionary! I love this work and I love the Gospel! 


Sister Cordner!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...