Sunday, April 7

March 25, 2013

So the library we usually go to is closed, not sure why, but some people said because of the weather. Its not even that bad... but whatever, anyway the other library only lets us on for 30 minutes and I've already used 15 just reading emails, so this may be a quick one but here I go...

This week has been so good, but hard at the same time. Training 2 is kinda tricky, and we are still getting used to teaching together. They are both more on the shy side, and they are amazed at the fact that I can talk to people. I don't know how to teach someone to talk because it just comes to naturally to me, so I'm not sure how to help them both yet, but I'm trying! The area is just amazing! I miss Lafayette still, but Indy is really growing on me! I really like the ward, and they are really excited to have Sisters here and they are beginning to use us a lot! We taught a lot of lessons this last week to Less Actives which is good but I would rather teach investigators, but we were able to find 3 new investigators though. When I got here a few weeks ago they had about 2, kinda 3 people they were teaching in the area, and now we have 7, I have found 6 in 2 weeks! Kinda neat! I have a really cool expereince with finding this week too! 

Like I said, we were teaching a lot of LAs, and on our way to a less actives house, I saw a lady just sitting on her porch. We were kinda late to our appointment, but I just had the impression to stop and talk with her, but we were driving and I just drove to the less actives. My companions were on the phone and writing something down, and I just told them we had to go talk to that lady, so we walked to her house and she was no longer outside. So I decided we needed to knock on her door, and she answered and started talking with us. She just moved here and feels very lost in life. She has smoked for 30 years and really wants to quit. She kinda goes to church with her brother but isn't so sure of it. We had a really good conversation about how God can help her get through anything, even smoking, and how we have a very special message about Jesus Christ that we would love to share with her. She invited us in but we still had to go to our other appointment, so we scheduled a time to go back. She said she was REALLY excited for us to come back. We prayed with her on the doorstep and she almost started to cry. It was one of those moments where I knew that the Spirit had guided us to her in that very moment. We were late to our Less Actives house, but it didn't matter. Heavenly Father uses his missionaries to help those who He prepares. I love being a representative of Jesus Christ and I love being a tool in this huge amazing work that is going on! I love being a missionary! 

We have interviews with President this week and I can't wait! We also have 5 lessons scheduled for tomorrow, the area is really blowing up! I love it!!! We had weather in the 60s last Saturday, and now there is about 5 inches of snow on the ground and it will probably keep snowing for a couple more days. I thought it was supposed to be Spring but I guess Indiana has its own idea of when the seasons will change. I love it here so much and I love being a missionary! thanks for everyones love and care!!!

Sister Cordner



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...